Hunting this cold front???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting this cold front???

I'm sitting in a tri-pod tucked into some small Oaks. Got unreal early. I've got a bunch of pics at this spot all at night or just before sunrise or after sunset. It's really cool still.....was about 45 when I got here and dropped to about 43 or so at sun rise. Still about 48 right now. How's the movement in y'all area? I've been skunked so far. Still got an hour or 2 but still depressing for the first cold snap of the year.

Been Hunting since Sunday in Refugio county. Been extremely slow. Been on a doe quest and can't even get that done. Saw three small bucks yesterday and some hogs. But that's about it. Ain't seen squat this morning.

Comment

At least im not the only one

Comment

Ill be in my tree stand this evening and again in the morning. Don't care if I see anything or not, just want to get in the woods & enjoy this weather.

Comment

Yeah it was 52 this morning. It's warming up in this pop up now. Probably give it another 30 minutes and head to town for a late breakfast.

Comment

Good luck guys !

Comment

I got in my blind way before daylight yesterday morning. I saw five bucks, six does, and two fawns. Not to mention the pigs ! This morning, same thing, but as of 9:15, I haven't seen a deer or a pig. I think the woods might be full of coyote stink, because I shot three of the pigs and one of them barely made it into the woods, unbeknown to me until the buzzards gathered. The deer weren't scared of the buzzards because I had deer in here while twenty buzzards were fighting over the dead pig, but this morning, nada.

Comment

Saw a buck chasing two doe this morning at my lease as I left for work

Comment

39 degrees this morning here in Kerrville. I can feel my neck starting to swell and I have this uncontrollable urge to pee on myself.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                    39 degrees this morning here in Kerrville. I can feel my neck starting to swell and I have this uncontrollable urge to pee on myself.
                    Do it

Comment

Originally posted by wtb90 View Post
                      Do it
                      Hahahahaha! They would kinda frown on that since I'm at WORK!

Comment

Thinking of giving it a go this weekend. Got a big hog to try in kill at night if the deer dont show during the day..
                        Attached Files

Comment

I sat till about 10 this morning and nothing. Just got into town a few miles away and gonna eat and hang out for a bit then I'll be back out for the evening sit

Comment

Good luck this afternoon.

Comment

I saw 3 bucks and 2 doe this morning, watched a young 8 chase a doe all over the place yesterday evening...

Comment

Working...
                              X