Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Again...if there are vehicles behind you, you must move to the right lane.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again...if there are vehicles behind you, you must move to the right lane.

An Indiana State Trooper’s tweet reminding people about the state’s so-called “slowpoke” or “move over” law went viral Saturday.

Wheeles also addressed people who had questions about the application of the law, with one person asking if it applies even if the “slow” car is going the speed limit.

“The spirit of the law is that since many people drive well above the speed limit, it creates an ‘accordion effect’ as traffic starts backing up behind the slower vehicle,” Wheeles said. “This is where many of our crashes occur on the interstates. It’s all in the name of safety.”

Yes but if I’m passing someone and the person behind me is tailgating, they are getting a break check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess move to Indiana

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        I guess move to Indiana
        ...or start citing the accordion drivers in the left lane here in Texas.

Comment

I can't speak for Indiana, because I never lived in that state, but all the drivers in its neighbor Ohio drive like Houston drivers. Across the entire state. It's brutal. IF Indiana is at all similar to Ohio, I am can see the police actually cracking down on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
            Yes but if I’m passing someone and the person behind me is tailgating, they are getting a break check

Why? Is the risk of an accident worth it? “But it would be their fault”... yeah, and you or your kids or whoever could be hurt or killed if they hit you. Or, your road rage could ignite their road rage and....

If they are too close, just move out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
              Why? Is the risk of an accident worth it? “But it would be their fault”... yeah, and you or your kids or whoever could be hurt or killed if they hit you. Or, your road rage could ignite their road rage and....

Then they win. The passing lane is for passing. If I'm passing someone, why do they continue to tailgate? Its ridiculous and uncalled for.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post

If you brake check someone and it causes and accident you better hope there are no dash cam's or witness's. You sure will be at fault.

Comment

Then they win. The passing lane is for passing. If I'm passing someone, why do they continue to tailgate?
                  cuz you aren't passing fast enough...

Comment

it just drives me crazy when I'm already do 80 in the passing lane so that I can pass someone and the impatient SOB's are still tailgating you.

Comment

Then they win. The passing lane is for passing. If I'm passing someone, why do they continue to tailgate? Its ridiculous and uncalled for.
                      Is this the accordion effect they were speaking about ?

Better hope there are no skid marks either or have something to explain why you hit your brakes on a freeway. Brake checking is a willful act of aggression, not to mention stupid to do at 70 MPH.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                        Is this the accordion effect they were speaking about ?

Better hope there are no skid marks either or have something to explain why you hit your brakes on a freeway. Brake checking is a willful act of aggression, not to mention stupid to do at 70 MPH.
                        and tailgating someone isn't?

Comment

I dont see it as the same.

Some people just call it drafting

Comment

To expand. What gets me, is on I-10 heading east on a long weekend when the traffic is awful.

And people get in the right lane to pass people in the left, that are generally already speeding. So then people in the left start tailgating each other to keep people from cutting them off from the right lane. I am guilty of it and would say that most go about the same speed and it works for the most part. The system starts breaking down when people start braking for no reason.

I also cant stand when traffic backs up just after Sealy by the Brazos.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                              To expand. What gets me, is on I-10 heading east on a long weekend when the traffic is awful.

And people get in the right lane to pass people in the left, that are generally already speeding. So then people in the left start tailgating each other to keep people from cutting them off from the right lane. I am guilty of it and would say that most go about the same speed and it works for the most part. The system starts breaking down when people start braking for no reason.

I also cant stand when traffic backs up just after Sealy by the Brazos.

That traffic never makes sense

Comment

Working...
                              X