No announcement yet.

where were you 15 years ago today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was at my girlfriend's (now wife) place up in OK.
    found out when I checked the news sometime that morning.

Comment

I was working on a ranch between Athens and Palestine driving the ranch with my boss when we heard it. Didn't know what it was at first and then the phone started ringing for us all to meet back at the main barn. Said if we saw any pieces to make a note of them but not to pick them up. We had US Forest Service and other groups on us for about 2 months doing grid searches of the whole 20,000 acres picking up debris. I had 7 pieces in my front yard alone. Was crazy. I still have a couple pins and a phot of the Space Shuttle that some of the NASA guys gave me. Was crazy for sure....

Comment

We were home .But had a deer lease 12miles w or Nacogdoches...When we went up next weekend..Thers was Stuff scatered and markers all over there were a few pieces big enough that a brought Choppers in to lift them out....SO SAD...

Comment

Originally posted by PEC View Post
          I was fishing a tournament @ Toledo Bend in the fog when it sounded like VW Bugs falling in the water around us.
          x2! We were somewhere around 1215!

Comment

Was up early watching ESPN in Nacogdoches when the whole house began to shake. Walked outside and you could smell fuel. A friend who worked at a bank downtown told us a large portion of the wing landed in their parking lot so we went to check it out. That morning when we went there was only a few people, 24 hours later you couldnt get within 100 yards due to the crowd and all the news trucks.

Comment

I went home for the weekend with a buddy from A&M. He lived in Elgin and we had just walked into the house after bottle feeding some calves. I could hear the boom over the TV in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                I don't remember. World Trade Center attack is the where was I moment.
                I can remember what part of what road I was on when I heard about 9/11. I don't remember at all where I was for the shuttle crash, although I did hear a lot about it. they found parts of a couple of the astronauts, as well as some of the shuttle, on my college roommate's property in East Texas.

Comment

I was at a bake sale for my high school class in Elkhart. You could feel the explosion in your body. After getting home later they were finding pieces all over Anderson county with the nose piece being found on HWY 155 between Palestine and Frankston. NASA set up in an old manufacturing building in Westwood and put the pieces back together. Now the balloon base in Palestine is named Columbia scientific balloon base.

Comment

Standing I'm my backyard watching the vapor trail as it passed by
                    Then all of a sudden it had multiple trails falling.

Sad day..

Comment

Fixing to walk out of meeting room at Floyd Casey stadium in Waco, just finished a regional coaches meeting. We all heard the boom and looked at each other trying to figure out what it was. Sounded like it was right above us. Didnt learn til a couple hours later what had happened.

Comment

At home in Belton Tx

Comment

Sitting in my den. Heard a boom looked outside came back in and turned the TV on. It took a while to register.

Comment

I have absolutely no idea

Comment

Delivering hay to a ranch in Wharton County.

Comment

Practicing for pga senior tour 1st stage qualifying.

Comment

Working...
                                X