No announcement yet.

Ducks 2016-2017 post pics !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been an overall poor season with a couple of highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
      Just a tip for the OP for hunting on an iced over pond in the future. Instead of walking around and/or running over and crushing up all of the ice, walk a big circle around your hole and then you have one huge chunk of floating ice. From there you can break it into smaller (but still large) chunks if you need to and slide it under the stuff that is still frozen. That leaves you with water that is actually open and not just crushed up ice where ducks still won't want to land.
      Wish I knew this tip last week. Ended up taking my beavertail sled to use and break the ice up every 15 mins last saturday. First time ive had to deal with not having an ice eater where I wanted to hunt. Ill keep this in mind for the next time we get lucky enough to get a hard freeze in the future.

This season has been off the charts for me! Might be due to being single again and going a lot more often without getting yelled at Ill post what pics I have so far.

Comment

Originally posted by blood-sport View Post
        **** nice pintail !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, we usually kill a few but for some reason they were loving our jumbo spreads that weekend.

Comment

Comment

I didnt get to go much with my little bro, but here are some of his shoots from this season. His chessie had a litter of pups that he is training and hopes to have ready for next year.

Comment

Comment

Hey ultralight where did you get your bolt for you shotgun?

Comment

Originally posted by Possum9 View Post
                  Looks like the factory bolt. The release has a Briley logo on it.

I'll try to post a few pics after a while. It's been really good here lately.

Comment

Thanks I found it on Brileys web page

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Possum9 View Post
                        Handle and bolt release are both from Briley. Best purchase for my shotgun for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                          Handle and bolt release are both from Briley. Best purchase for my shotgun for sure.
                          What's the function of those?

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                            What's the function of those?
                            Well you push the bolt release and let's the bolt go forward and it shoves a shell in the chamber. The bolt handle it to grab onto to open the bolt. The factory ones aren't good enough on 1700 dollar shotguns...... Well ok, just looks so freaking cool man, they are red!!!! Hardcore duck killa style.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                              Well you push the bolt release and let's the bolt go forward and it shoves a shell in the chamber. The bolt handle it to grab onto to open the bolt. The factory ones aren't good enough on 1700 dollar shotguns...... Well ok, just looks so freaking cool man, they are red!!!! Hardcore duck killa style.
                              you'll kill more ducks with them!

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                                Spot on!

Got them mainly for looks but DEFINITELY helps a lot when hunting with gloves on.

Comment

Working...
                                X