No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters 2017 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.64" in Tilden according to FarmLogs. Good chance for more, later.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
      .64" in Tilden according to FarmLogs. Good chance for more, later.
      As long as we don't get a lot of rain fast, it can rain all weekend for all I care. I'm sure someone will be by soon to say deer don't move in the rain...

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
        As long as we don't get a lot of rain fast, it can rain all weekend for all I care. I'm sure someone will be by soon to say deer don't move in the rain...
        I agree. I am not going to hunt until November this year. Just finished elk hunt and really not mad at the deer right now. We need to shoot a couple of culls/management bucks/does but nothing that can't wait 6 weeks till it cools off a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
          I agree. I am not going to hunt until November this year. Just finished elk hunt and really not mad at the deer right now. We need to shoot a couple of culls/management bucks/does but nothing that can't wait 6 weeks till it cools off a bit.
          I probably won't hunt again until November after this weekend. Just wanna get the doe duties outta the way.

Comment

Over 5" rain at my place near Big Wells. Buddies place east of Big Wells on Hwy 85 has had 11" plus since last night.

Comment

Over 6 inches now at the ranch near Catarina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I live in Encino south of Falfurrias, we got 2" of much needed rain yesterday and have been getting some drizzle/light showers today. May not help the deer hunting much but hopefully we can grow a little more cover for the quail before it gets too cool. It's been soo hot and dry its rough on the birds and fawns but looks like we will be ok now. We were lucky and got quite a bit of rain this spring and I think it helped antler growth. Looking forward to hunting season, this will be my first year to bow hunt and that has brought a whole new level of excitement to things.

Comment

Hope we are getting some in Freer, ranch is super dry, deer are eating 1500 lbs of cotton seed and protein a week, just at my spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Checkin' Heavies View Post
                    Hope we are getting some in Freer, ranch is super dry, deer are eating 1500 lbs of cotton seed and protein a week, just at my spot.
                    We got about .35"s this morning. Not much but will take it.

Comment

Ranch Mgr reported 16 inches 17 miles south of Catarina on 83

Comment

We were at 11" last night and had high water rescues going on evidently in our pasture yesterday. News report said Cochina ranch and Diamond H road and that is us! Looks like it poured all night as well.

Comment

I imagine most of the places on old mines road between eagle pass and Laredo got similar rainfall. That brush is going to be green and thick well into the season with a floater like this hitting. Going to make for some hard hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                            I imagine most of the places on old mines road between eagle pass and Laredo got similar rainfall. That brush is going to be green and thick well into the season with a floater like this hitting. Going to make for some hard hunting.
                            Yes sir, it is going to be tough to see deer this season. My place was really dry so I will take it and deal w the tough hunting conditions. Better get those Thermacells out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Checkin' Heavies View Post
                              We ended up with a little over 3"s of rain yesterday. Maybe more today.

Comment

2.25" Near Tilden

Comment

Working...
                                X