Barbacoa beef crockpot tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
    I take 4 peppers out of 1 can and chop them up (when I say chop, i simply mean split in 1/2 or cut into 1/3's) only sauce i use is the sauce that happens to be stuck to the pepper when i pull it out of the can
    Thanks

Comment

Yum...........

Comment

One of my favorite meals in a crockpot. Thank you for the ingredient list.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
            Bringing to the top, as I have the same question ? I made it with four can of the chipotle peppers in Adobe sauce.( sauce and peppers) It was not very good. Trying it now with four peppers from one can of it.( no sauce) We will see how it goes.
            Little tangy? lol....

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
              Bringing to the top, as I have the same question ? I made it with four can of the chipotle peppers in Adobe sauce.( sauce and peppers) It was not very good. Trying it now with four peppers from one can of it.( no sauce) We will see how it goes.
              Man I bet that was brutal lol

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
                Yep..... I've also done it with axis roast and some pere David backstrap

I guess with the proper meat it isn't really barbacoa but ....... Call it what you will I guess

I’d say carne asada but it’s still cheap meat with lots of flavor and I’ll bet nobody will complain one bit

Name it “Call me what you want but don’t call me late to dinner”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's on like donkey kong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Old thread but i'll add that my HEB has started carrying vac sealed cheeks. Looking forward to tweaking this to use on the smoker (at least for the initial part of the cook). Then to a foil pan with some veggies and broth for the steaming effect since I wont be wrapping in burlap/leaves.

Comment

Yes. I came across the thread while viewing another one and wanted to save the recipe. I have a couple of Axis neck roasts that I'm interested to try.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

HEB has a crockpot barbacoa recipe that uses their Mi Tienda barbacoa seasoning and it is really good. We had it last time we went to the deer lease and it turned out great. Also was able to get the cheek meat from HEB.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
                            ummmmmm yeah, I know. but the old Spanish lady that lives next door told me that the cowhead (the cheeks to be specific) is hard to find and messy to boot. She also said that it is the spices and the cooking that give it the barbacoa taste. So this is what she uses and believe me it tastes like barbacoa.

I guess if it makes you feel better, I can call it New England style beef seafood wraps, but you'll be disappointed because it will taste like barbacoa

[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji3061][emoji3061][emoji3061][emoji3061][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tagged!

Comment

Working...
                              X