Catahoula needs home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catahoula needs home

Long story short, we took this dog in from another forum member that moved to CA about 2 weeks ago. We thought we'd see how he did here with us but he needs more room to run than we have. His name is Hemi. He has been nuetered and is up to date on all his shots/vet visits. Have all his paperwork. He is house broken and doesnt chew up furniture. He does chew up blinds if left alone in the house( figured this out first day we had him). He does have a kennel but hates being home alone. We have almost an acre and will jump the fence to run around the neighborhood. This is our biggest concern as we live close to a busy road. Previous owner said he's fine around guns, i havent verified it. He knows basic commands(sit, layn ect..) and is great around our kids(7&9). He'd probably be best out in the country with room to roam. He seems to do good around other dogs once they are introduced properly. He's a smart dog but given where we live, we'd rather not see him splattered on the road. Im in Magnolia.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Best of luck to him.

Comment

Forgot to add, he's 2 1/2 years old.

Comment

Lol sounds like my old Catahoula. Best dog I ever had but man was he hard headed.

Comment

Haha. He listens very well but just likes to roam. I would understand if he still had nuts. We're just afraid he's going to get run over if he jumps and when we're not looking.
          Originally posted by JVasquez View Post
          Lol sounds like my old Catahoula. Best dog I ever had but man was he hard headed.

Comment

I adopted the best catahoula I’ve ever had off tbh

Comment

There's no doubt in my mind he'd be prefectly fine with more space to run. Wouldnt mind him roaming if we werent so close to a main road.
              Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
              I adopted the best catahoula I’ve ever had off tbh

Comment

TTT for this guy. Would like to see him go to a good country home.

Comment

Bump for great dog.

Comment

One last bump to the top.

Comment

That's a pretty dog. We are all full here, but could you get a Petsafe system to keep him from jumping out?

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                        That's a pretty dog. We are all full here, but could you get a Petsafe system to keep him from jumping out?
                        Its on order and will be here next week. Still feel like he'll manage to get out some how. He's runs around the **** yard looking at his options. Honestly think he's bored here. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by txhellraiser View Post
                          Its on order and will be here next week. Still feel like he'll manage to get out some how. He's runs around the **** yard looking at his options. Honestly think he's bored here. Haha.

That's cool. Sounds like he needs a female friend! (like another working dog.) More than one dog is a PIA. We have 3 right now and honestly they are happiest having each other around to play with. Best of luck to you and him, he sounds like a good dog.

Comment

I'd pull my hair out having to chase 2 down and keep up with 2 kids also. He really is a good dog but we live real close to FM 1488 and its like an interstate hwy. He's headed that way 2 of the times he jumped.
                            Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                            That's cool. Sounds like he needs a female friend! (like another working dog.) More than one dog is a PIA. We have 3 right now and honestly they are happiest having each other around to play with. Best of luck to you and him, he sounds like a good dog.

Comment

not sure if Im asking this correctly but when you say "roam" i obviously understand what that means but will/does he come back. You stated that if you didn't live so close to a busy road you would let him "roam". We are in the country but not there typically overnight but have a barn and fencing, etc. Whats the chances of him staying around? we run cattle and are there typically everyday but there are days and nights we don't make it by. Hope Im asking my question in a clear manner.

Comment

Working...
                              X