New project Honda CB360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New project Honda CB360

I just wanted to share my project I ran across last night, guy offered this to me for a great deal. It ran at one time. I didn't know anything about them but I know its worth more then I payed so im going to try and get it going. I see a lot of people do a café cruiser conversion to them which I really like.

Anyone have one of these ? I am going to make sure its never been reported stolen and try to go the bonded title route. I am pretty pumped up about this little project. If I happen to get a title then I will invest and really get it going good, otherwise I will try and make it just a offroad bike only.

Anyways any feedback or comments are appreciated , Just wanted to share some photos of it.

The last picture is what I would love to turn it into.
    Attached Files

Awesome! I want to do a project like that some day. Haven't found a good deal yet. I really want an old enduro style. Post lots of pics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Will do, it may take me a while . But my first goal is to see if I can the title stuff straight which I know is going to be a pain in the rear. But that will determine which route I go as to a trail style bike or something that can actually be street legal.

If anyone has any info or tips on the bonded title process let me know. Also I am going to try and get in touch with a leo friend of mine to run the numbers , if anyone has any way of doing that for me before I can get in touch with him that would be great also. I want to make sure its never been reported stolen.

Forgot to mention this is a 1974 model best I can tell

Comment

Anyone Familiar with a NICB Vin check system online? its free and I used it and bike is clean. How accurate do you think it is. The guy I got it from got it for free in a old barn from a swap meet friend. So I don't know a lot of history on the bike really. They are going to give me a bill of sale and go from there

Comment

Cool. In for the updates as it progresses.

Comment

Those CB Honda's are cool bikes, I've been keeping my eyes open for one for a few years and never can find a good one. Tons of cafe racer parts available for them online.

Comment

Thanks buddy . I gave 250 bucks for this one . Figured I couldn't go wrong with that , specially if I can get a title for it

Comment

Heck no you can't go wrong, that's a great deal. If you get tired of it I'll give you your money back! Haha

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
                  Thanks buddy . I gave 250 bucks for this one . Figured I couldn't go wrong with that , specially if I can get a title for it

Dang. That's the kind of deal I need. I miss d an old Suzuki for that price by about 15 min and the bottom end was toast. Still would have bought it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

yeah he wanted 400 and I told him the seat had a bad rip and offer 200 and he said ok how about 250! haha. He got it for free so good money for him. If I can get it titled I will invest some decent money and try to get it looking good. I put a hot battery on it last night and everything worked for as lights blinkers horn and fired over just wouldn't run, went ahead and removed the gas tank and have to try and find a new coil spark plug wires for it, on spark plug boot is completely missing broke off. Wished I could find a local guru on these bikes

Comment

carb kit and coil-she gone fire up

Comment

I rode one just like it in college. Roommate bought it and then broke his foot (not riding the bike). I fixed it up a little and rode it until he healed.

They're pretty easy to work on. Spark, fuel, and air. No silly computers. Keep us posted on the progress.

Comment

thanks, I have to figure out a good way to get that gas clean and free from rust particles also.

Comment

There is a certain type of acid used to get rid of the rust and a new coating is applied to the inside of the tank. Can't remember what the two are called, but google "motorcycle fuel tank restoration" and you should be able to find it. I did it once on an old 70s era Honda dirt bike many many years ago.

Comment

Take the tank off, fill it about half way with water, add some pea gravel and start shaking. Seriously, thats the way we did it back in the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X