Interesting article on bow prices impact on pro shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting article on bow prices impact on pro shops

I've kind of been wondering this for a few years now. Same with bass boats. At a certain point, Joe blow just can't hope to have the nice stuff anymore.

Me personally, I just have to continue shooting my Mission (that I can't remember the model of) that's 6 years old, until the limbs fall off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I guess you could say the same goes for hunting leases.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
      Or anything else. People want to cook brisket for $100 each and junk iron welders want $100/hr.

Comment

I've wondered if this ever-increasing price trend for compounds will push more archers to convert to traditional? You can still spend a lot on trad gear if you want to but it is not necessary for performance. At least you get off the treadmill of chasing the latest and greatest technology. It also pretty much eliminates the need for professional maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
          Yeah those too. I've been extremely lucky (perhaps spoiled) to have family land to hunt all my life. I may well not be able to hunt much at all when the place sells.

I tried public land for several years. Seeing one deer in the years when you were raised hunting the hill country is demoralizing.

Comment

A two year old bow has all the bells and whistles at half the price. Just like trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              Or anything else. People want to cook brisket for $100 each and junk iron welders want $100/hr.
              Hey we have to raise rates to afford those expensive bows.

Comment

I may not be a good example as I am more of a October only bow hunter these days. The last new bow I got was in about 2004-2005, I have had 3 since then but they have all been used.

I think the Internet has done just as much harm as the price of new bows. Now you can come to TBH or any other number of other websites and find almost new bows for a fraction of new price.
                Then if you go to youtube you can find a video on how to make your own bow press and a video to do anything you want to a bow. Couple that with Amazon prime and I can have components at my door in a day or two.

Comment

bows

I Have a Mathews SQ2 that I have had for 15 plus years I bet. It still shoots just as fast as the new ones and still kills Ill keep the one I got

Originally posted by Davoh View Post
                  http://www.fieldandstream.com/why-bo...ocal-pro-shops

I've kind of been wondering this for a few years now. Same with bass boats. At a certain point, Joe blow just can't hope to have the nice stuff anymore.

Me personally, I just have to continue shooting my Mission (that I can't remember the model of) that's 6 years old, until the limbs fall off.

Comment

Interesting article from what I could read. Stinking Popup Ads kept interfering with my line of sight to read what they were saying. Guess it's like anything else. If we, the archers rebel and only buy used, then maybe the manufactures will get the idea and price them correctly so their target market can afford them. Heck, sports events still charge you 8 bucks for a beer and everybody keeps buying em. My guess, nothing will change. But it gives us on the GS something to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                      I may not be a good example as I am more of a October only bow hunter these days. The last new bow I got was in about 2004-2005, I have had 3 since then but they have all been used.

I think the Internet has done just as much harm as the price of new bows. Now you can come to TBH or any other number of other websites and find almost new bows for a fraction of new price.
                      Then if you go to youtube you can find a video on how to make your own bow press and a video to do anything you want to a bow. Couple that with Amazon prime and I can have components at my door in a day or two.
                      I've bought both of my used Mathews bows right here on TBH and have killed plenty of deer with both of them. I've never understood the idea of buying a new bow every year. Trucks either for that matter….

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                        Interesting article from what I could read. Stinking Popup Ads kept interfering with my line of sight to read what they were saying. Guess it's like anything else. If we, the archers rebel and only buy used, then maybe the manufactures will get the idea and price them correctly so their target market can afford them. Heck, sports events still charge you 8 bucks for a beer and everybody keeps buying em. My guess, nothing will change. But it gives us on the GS something to talk about.
                        Like vehicles it will just make the price of used bows go up.

Comment

People want 15-20k for trucks with 250-300k miles
                          Everything is crazy it seems. A bow should last 15-20 years but judging by the classifieds and craigs list people think they need a new one every couple years. As long as thats the case the prices will continue to go up

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                            Like vehicles it will just make the price of used bows go up.
                            Yep, but more important, what about those $8 dollar beers??

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                              Yep, but more important, what about those $8 dollar beers??
                              I think that is the most important issue to think over!
                              However, the article was good, but like most of us on here, if you buy a good bow, used or new, it should last you many hunting seasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X