tbh plumbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbh plumbers

My 85 year old mil had a drain line leak in the wall behind her vanity. The water mitigation people did all of the demo and dried everything out. The plumber came in and replaced the drain line trap and replaced two half inch compression valves.
    He had about 3 hrs and less than 50dollars in materials.
    I was not in town to handle this for her other wise it would of been a no brainer.
    First what would u of charged? Hint! They billed $740.00 just to replace the valves.
    Second what do u see wrong with this picture?
    Attached Files

Is that drain going uphill?

Comment

The vanity is missing.

Comment

tbh plumbers

Top end I would have billed $350 for everything. For two isolation valves...maybe $50-$75 depending how much time it took.
        It's a shame she was charged that much from what I'm seeing and reading.

I wouldn't installed what appears to be street 90's on the condensation drain line. I'm assuming that's the line on the right side?

That's the thing about plumbers. We all have preferences and there is more than one way to do a job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk spelling/grammar errors are likely to occur.
        Last edited by giarcher; 03-25-2017, 06:08 PM.

Comment

tbh plumbers

The drain line appears to be going slightly uphill because the hot water line is too low. It's hard to tell in the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by jrfan View Post
            Is that drain going uphill?
            I was able to move it up.

Comment

Originally posted by giarcher View Post
              Top end I would have billed $350 for everything. For two isolation valves...maybe $50-$75 depending how much time it took.
              It's a shame she was charged that much from what I'm seeing and reading.

I wouldn't installed what appears to be street 90's on the condensation drain line. I'm assuming that's the line on the right side?

That's the thing about plumbers. We all have preferences and there is more than one way to do a job.

The total bill for what u see was $1300.00. I have done this type of repair. Many times and could not sleep if I had charged some one like this.
              by the way it was Millstone out of Garland.
              I made a ****** off phone call and got them to cut the bill by 500 but still WTH.

Comment

That's just pure greed and taking advantage of a senior citizen in my opinion. I'm sorry this happened to you.

Comment

Did they run the sink drain pipe outside one of the studs or is that an optical illusion?
                  Last edited by TxKronik; 03-25-2017, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
                    Did they run the sink drain pipe outside one of the studs or is that an optical illusion?
                    It looks like they cut out a stud.

Comment

Yah that might be it

Comment

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          The vanity is missing.
                          Pretty tough to put up sheetrock and install the vanity with the plumbing finished out.

Comment

Originally posted by giarcher View Post
                            That's just pure greed and taking advantage of a senior citizen in my opinion. I'm sorry this happened to you.

You are absolutely correct. The guy even tried to get her to let him replace replace the commode bolts for an extra $300.00 of course.

Comment

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
                              Yah that might be it
                              Correct

Comment

Working...
                              X