Christmas Cooking Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Cooking Ideas

Alright, I will be heading to the store later to get all my stuff for cooking up some goods for Christmas Eve/Day. I will be baking a killer rum cake and a big ol pot of mustard greens for sure but want to do something else as well. Let's hear what y'all are throwing together.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

We'll do a whole beef tenderloin at my folks' place on Christmas day.

Comment

Got a ham ready to go. Sides are squash, green beans and mashed taters. Now I might have to sub some mustard greens for the green beans. Likes me some mustard greens!

Comment

We are going unconventional this year, I am making chile rellano's. It's our family's favorite meal and with Thanksgiving and the whole turkey, sweet potato etc. thing just behind us. None of us feel like the regular Christmas meal, so this is what it will be.

Comment

We are most likely doing some fish tacos and charro beans. I'll be baking a home made carrot cake too.

Comment

My mom does chili every year. It's Colorado chili not real chili but it's what we grew up with and it's good for a sleeve of saltines and a handful of shredded cheddar

Comment

We are going a little unconventional this year. smoking a pork butt some chicken and sausage for XMAS eve. All the standard BBQ fixins. For XMAS day I am cooking a ham.

Comment

We are doing a stand up rib roast and fresh green beans, Kroger has rib roast on sale $4.99lb

Comment

Grandfather's spaghetti recipe with, meatballs, Italian sausage, pork tenderloin and loin chops.

Comment

Tamales

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                      Alright, I will be heading to the store later to get all my stuff for cooking up some goods for Christmas Eve/Day. I will be baking a killer rum cake and a big ol pot of mustard greens for sure but want to do something else as well. Let's hear what y'all are throwing together.

Sounds Good!

We will have...

Parmesan Honey Pork Loin Roast

HOMEMADE
                      Garlic mashed potatoes
                      Cream corn
                      Green bean casserole
                      Rolls

Snacks...
                      Deviled eggs
                      Spinach Dip

Bring on the SWEATPANTS!!! Ha

Comment

Steak and lobster tonight

Comment

Early Christmas morning I am going to start slow smoking a Turducken stuffed with crawfish jambalaya. Laissez les bon temps roulez!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Man all that stuff looks down right tasty! I just got back from HEB and I sure hope everyone already went to the store. It is a mad house out there!

I got my stuff to make rum cake. My mustard greens will have pork neck, onion, diced up polish venison link sausage, chopped up turnips and garlic powder, salt n pepper to taste with sweet corn bread. I also got stuff for tomorrow night to make chili with sweet corn bread. Tonight we are fixing up a mess of fried trout with brussell sprouts and dirty rice. Probably chase that down with some rum cake.

Merry Christmas!

Comment

Got two 8lb. Rib roast to put on the smoker a turkey going on the electric smoker and a ham. And of course all the fixens.

Comment

Working...
                              X