Truck battery advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck battery advise

My battery bit the dust today in my 2013 f150 5.0 v8. The factory battery was a BTX65-750 assuming 750 CCAs. If you goggle btx65-750 the first thing that comes up is everstart MAXX 65S 700 CCA which is what Walmart put in my truck. It has a 5 year warranty but now the less CCA has me thinking. They did have a everstart plus 65S 750 for $20 less and only 2 year warranty. Any thoughts or advise. Thanks

just be sure to check the hood clearance with any battery that is not oem. I bought a couple of batteries for my f-250 that weren't Motorcraft and the hood hit the top of the batteries when it closed. so I just went and paid Ford the $$$ for their brand.

Comment

Take it back and put an Interstate battery in it. I've never had good luck with any of the Walmart type batteries

Comment

The minimum CCA needed to start an engine is 1 per cubic inch of engine for gas and 2 CCA per cubic inch for diesel. Unless your running the truck in minus 0 temps the 700 CCA will get the job done. Your truck is likely rated for a 650-750 CCA battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          Take it back and put an Interstate battery in it. I've never had good luck with any of the Walmart type batteries
          I always get my batteries at Sam's. One of our mechanics did me a favor and changed the alternator in my F250. When he opened the hood he smiled and said, "Mike got them grocery store batteries."

Comment

Clearance is good, exactly the same size just 50 fewer cold crank amps.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              Interstate is my next option if I don't get reassurance here. I have always ran everstart and have got 4-5 years out of them and no questions ask warranty if ever needed, not to mention that their is a Walmart open 24-7 everywhere you go

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
                Clearance is good, exactly the same size just 50 fewer cold crank amps.
                then i'd opt for 50 more cca than 50 less.

Comment

I run optima just replaced my other optima, believe it or not lasted 10 years!

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                    then i'd opt for 50 more cca than 50 less.
                    That's what I am starting to think. Truth is I wouldn't if even posted this if I would of never looked at old battery before they put a new one in it and realized it was less amps

Comment

I've had good luck with contenintal batteries for the past several years.

Comment

Had awesome luck from motorcraft batteries and continental. Not so good with interstate

I wouldn't put a neverstart in my ex wife's car

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
                          Interstate is my next option if I don't get reassurance here. I have always ran everstart and have got 4-5 years out of them and no questions ask warranty if ever needed, not to mention that their is a Walmart open 24-7 everywhere you go
                          This is true and I have had good luck with Wally batteries. Now for my .02, if it starts fine then I would leave it be and feel good about having a 5 year warranty

Comment

I have used optima before. Had a yellow top last 8 years in my Nissan Frontier with a sound system in it. It was a great battery!

Does the Ford warranty cover the battery? Never thought to look at the warranty on a battery before. Since yours is a 13 it's only 3 or 4 years old...

Comment

Check out how many companies make batteries. You may be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                              X