Chambers Bowhunting this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chambers Bowhunting this weekend

Group of us headed to Sabinal this Friday-Sunday for Axis, Aoudad, some piggies and maybe a ram or two. Will be my first time on a day hunt ranch like this. Anybody been lately? Just curious as to how good our chances are at a hard horned Axis or quality Aoudad. I've read thru several old threads on here about the place and it seems to get mixed reviews.

Tagged

Comment

I went there a while back. The axis are there, but are tough to get on. I saw a bunch of bucks when I was there sitting in a ladder stand down in a creek bottom. Can't remember what the stand was called though. Also saw some does at a tank right off the main road. Will be following if you make it a live hunt.

Comment

I'll try to go live depending on the cell service and weather conditions. Showing to be chances of thunderstorms for the rest of the week but sunny on Saturday. I do plan on taking an Axis doe as well if given the opportunity. Anybody else got any info on the ranch?

Comment

I hunted there about 7 or 8 years ago and nobody in our group even got a shot. Saw lots of Axis but they were all in velvet and off limits. We went in April. Good luck

Comment

How old is Mr. Chambers now about 108?

Comment

i will be going on the 20th for a two day hunt, i have been going usually twice a year for about 16 years now,, and i have been very successful... the last 2 novembers i have taken 6 animals on 4 days hunts both times, axis buck, whitetail does, whitetail bucks and hogs,,,, there were 6 of us this last nov, i think in 4 days there were 23 shots taken.... one guy missed 7 times, another got his first ever bow kill, plus a couple missed shots, another got a wt buck hog and auodad, another got a wt buck missed 1 shot,, another got a doe and missed twice i know of another guy shot a good wt buck and lost a chance on another because his mathews folded up on him during the draw...... he has a lot of animals but they get hunted hard and are spookie,,, especially the axis.
              it helps to understand how to hunt it, but the animals are certainly there....
              mr chambers grand son ( dustin) is doing most of the work out there now,, likeable young man

Comment

Thanks for the info xman59. We're headed out tonight and will be hunting tomorrow morning thru Saturday night. My buddy had something come up and needs to be home Sunday so we had to adjust our trip a little. Looking forward to getting in a stand in the morning. Hopefully I'll have a few pics to post up tomorrow night.

Comment

Ok here we go. Got here at about 5:15 this morning and got ready. Dustin met us and got us dropped off right before sunrise. First kill of the day was a big black widow spider that had made the chair in this blind into a multi level condo. Took a few minutes but I think I got it taken care of. Had a single boar come in right at first light followed by a group of WT doe. Then a few minutes later a group of 6 Aoudad showed up. No shooters in the bunch and this hog kept trying to run everything out. Let him get into a shooting lane and let one fly at 18 yds. Shot looked good and he tumbled over after a brief run. Got back up and made it to the brush line but I don't think he got too far. Gonna sit it out a little while and will be on the trail shortly.

Comment

Nice, always good to spill blood early! Good luck for the rest of the weekend

Comment

in it for the pics

Comment

Lol that's awesome love hunts like that except for the spider !

Comment

In for ldps!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In for some pics

Comment

[ATTACH]790999[/ATTACH][ATTACH]791000[/ATTACH][ATTACH]791001[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                              X