Portable Tripod Enclosed Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable Tripod Enclosed Blind

Here are some pictures of the blind I made. It was made so that I could fit it around and under the fifth wheel hitch in the bed of my truck and still have room for the 5th wheel trailer to clear everything. In fact when leaving Colorado I had another 16' Tripod in the bed of the truck as well. The material is all Brush Country cordura with black felt material on the inside of the blind. It took a lot of ironing with fusible webbing to attach the black felt to all of the cordura material. All of the windows have the Double Bull Matrix design and can be adjusted up or down for 360 degree viewing. I also made blocking pieces that can be used to close off areas completely while the windows remain open. The blockers or one, two, three, four and 6 foot so that it can be adapted to any situation. The blockers snap on the top window rail from the inside. All of the material has snaps on both window bars as well as the top and bottom of the blind. There are two zippers on each side of the top so that it is easier to put on the frame. The overall floor space is 6ft x 5ft. Archery shots are possible from the swivel chair in all directions except straight back. That one shot would require getting out of the chair and kneeling.

I used a metal stencil to mark all of the metal substructure in order to figure out where each piece goes for assembly. The corners or marked G L B and J. The sentimental part---G.L.B. is my dad's initials so I used those on the first three corners so that my deceased Dad who introduced me to hunting will always be with me when I am in the blind. Of course the fourth corner J is my first initial.

I learned a lot about sewing during this project. Thanks to Dale Moser for his input and my wife for putting up with two weeks of the use of the dining room table for cutting, ironing and sewing on this project.

The following pictures are from a hunt in Colorado. POP (Glen Lemke) took the pictures as we took the blind apart. Total take down time was about 45 minutes. It takes a while longer to assemble so it is not for a one day hunt but it serves my purpose for hunting in Texas and Colorado.

Ready to Hunt:
    Attached Files

Very cool

Comment

Awesome set up

Comment

That is awesome, Jerry!

Comment

Pretty cool.
          What's that radar gun thing hanging in the blind?

Comment

what a great set up!

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
              What's that radar gun thing hanging in the blind?
              Looks like one of those Primos blood tracking lights?

Comment

Greatness. You have skills!

Comment

Nice set up.

Comment

very cool set-up. good luck, hope it provides many opportunities this year!

Comment

Greatness! That's what I need on my tripod! I'll give you $58 and a 6 pack of Shiner Bock for it.

Comment

Very nice! I have been trying to figure out how to make an elevated platform out of my tripod to set my DB blinds on.

Comment

That is just awesome! I hope I get to see it in person some time.

Comment

that is sweet!

Comment

Working...
                            X