No announcement yet.

Best hunting lease you've been on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best memories, couple hundred acres we leased in St. Francisville, LA for the first 19 years I was alive. I killed more deer sitting on my grandfathers lap then I can remember. We would drive from their house in Port Allen to the lease and back twice in a day. My dad put in some serious miles driving 4 hours a day to take us deer hunting. He always hunted by himself as did my brother. Me, as the baby, would always post up with my grandfather. GREAT memories.

Best lease: Dad got on a lease on the King Ranch back in the early 90s for a few seasons. Game galore.

Comment

*** Addendum...If you own it, technically it's not a lease..

Comment

2000 acres outside of Mason. Full house w/ showers, huge front porch and stone fireplace, a walk-in cooler and a stock tank 75 yards from the house( great place to sit on the porch, drink some coffee and watch the deer and turkeys come to water). Oh, and more deer than you could possibly shake a stick at. Last two years on the lease we were told by the game biologists that we needed to take 90+ does off the place. We tried ( 8 of us) but hardly made a dent. My son sat in his first stand with me ( he was 18 months old and was quieter than I was). My wife cried when we had to get off. Rancher started seeing dollar signs and priced us out.
        Last edited by whakm; 08-21-2018, 08:20 AM.

Comment

My current lease is my favorite.....and I'm starting year 11 this year. Great camp, great members, great deer numbers with respectable buck opportunities, no pigs, minimal predators, simple rules to follow and the very best landowners. If I had only one complaint it would be the rocky *** roads but they come in handy when it rains..

Comment

My favorite wasn't technically a lease. It was a 50 acre pine tree farm that a friend of my mom owned. It was about 5 miles from my house and she let me hunt it as long as I kept an eye on the place. She sold it about 7 years ago.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

My favorite was actually a day lease. Hunted it with a group of TBH'rs for about 3 years. We always had a great time. Plenty of does to kill and lots of bucks to watch. (we were shooting doe only). The manager was a great guy that was easy to talk with. When I shot my limit, I would hang with him doing whatever around the place. it was in Coleman County, I believe. Met Timm (2050Z) and some others because of this lease. Always enjoyed the annual trip.

The people I hunt with now are awesome. We go to church together. Just three for us. My buddy, his dad and me. We have been together for about 17 years. We don't shoot trophy deer but we spend all year working the place or hunting. It is the best when you hunt with friends. We are currently on a small parcel in Cass County. Been hunting the piney woods all these years together.

Comment

Working...
              X