Best sub-$20 bottle of wine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best sub-$20 bottle of wine...

Wine threads always seem to drift toward Caymus, Plumpjack, Opus One, & Screaming Eagle. So what are some of your favorite bottles for around the house? Must be below $20.

Here are my favorites...

Liberty School
    Avalon

Ravage

Comment

Ménage a Trois. Cabernet Sauvignon

Comment

There are a lot of factors... do you like red, white, does it matter?

Green Fin Pinot noir, only ever found it at Trader Joe's is amazing and $4.99
        Alamos Malbec is decent as is HobNob, both are around $8-10
        The Prisoner is a great red blend imo
        There are a lot of Pinot Boirs that are really good for $20 and under imo but I stick to Oregon or France. I'm not a fan of most the nor cal stuff I've had
        There are a lot of great granache and Tempranillos around the $8-$15 range. Trader Joe's and oddly enough Workd Market have been the best places I have found great wine at a good price

At world market Soul Sister Pinot Noir (forgot the vineyard but it's from San Francisco and has a graffiti crown logo) is one of my wife's favorites

I'm a big fan of red wine

Comment

Markham Merlot

Comment

Wife and I went on a year long quest for best sub $10 bottle. Found Sawbuck Malbec at HEB ($9) but then they discontinued. If you can find it elsewhere, it is great.

Comment

Some of these, you might have to shop around for to get under $20

Cab - Alexander Valley
              Malbec- Pulenta
              Pinot Noir- Brutocao
              Proseco- Tosca
              Sauvignon Blanc- Any Chilean wine
              Chardonnay- La Crema

Comment

I'm not positive it's my favorite sub 20$ bottle I've ever had, but we buy postales oak aged malbec more than anything. The woman likes the copola cab as well.

Comment

Get a Bota Box for $19. It's 4 bottles worth and stays fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                    There are a lot of factors... do you like red, white, does it matter?

Green Fin Pinot noir, only ever found it at Trader Joe's is amazing and $4.99
                    Alamos Malbec is decent as is HobNob, both are around $8-10
                    The Prisoner is a great red blend imo
                    There are a lot of Pinot Boirs that are really good for $20 and under imo but I stick to Oregon or France. I'm not a fan of most the nor cal stuff I've had
                    There are a lot of great granache and Tempranillos around the $8-$15 range. Trader Joe's and oddly enough Workd Market have been the best places I have found great wine at a good price

At world market Soul Sister Pinot Noir (forgot the vineyard but it's from San Francisco and has a graffiti crown logo) is one of my wife's favorites

I'm a big fan of red wine
                    We only drink red. Alamos and Gascon are our favorite malbecs.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
                      We only drink red. Alamos and Gascon are our favorite malbecs.
                      Argentina Malbecs are the way to go, I've started finding some NZ that are good. If you are a Costco member they've been having some great selections lately in the sub $15

My wife used to only drink Pinot Grigio when we first started dating, now she can't drink white without getting a headache which is great for me because I prefer reds. If you're ever in Fort Worth check out Kent & Co on Magnolia. Great women at but because of their other businesss interests they are categorized as a retailer. All their alcohol is at retail pricing so you can get some amazing wine without the crazy bar/restaurant mark up

Comment

Following

Comment

There is a Pinot called Meiomi that is great and can be found under $20. We first had it at Ruth Chris Steakhouse and couldn't believe it was under 20 at the grocery store.

Comment

How has nobody said Boone's Farm yet?!?!?

Comment

Kendall-Jackson Vintner's Reserve Zinfandel 2013

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk spelling/grammar errors are likely to occur.

Comment

Working...
                              X