New project Honda CB360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check Out Joey AP's motorcycle build thread out in the DYI section

That old boy aint scared.............. check his thread out and good luck with your project.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
      Take the tank off, fill it about half way with water, add some pea gravel and start shaking. Seriously, thats the way we did it back in the day.

BBs work too. I tend to use an oz or two of carb cleaner but doubt it does more than water. Shake until you're tired, rinse and repeat. Inline filter to be 100% and you are good to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool

Comment

New project Honda CB360

Originally posted by Silverstang View Post
          There is a certain type of acid used to get rid of the rust and a new coating is applied to the inside of the tank. Can't remember what the two are called, but google "motorcycle fuel tank restoration" and you should be able to find it. I did it once on an old 70s era Honda dirt bike many many years ago.

Need a Kreem kit. Easy stuff IF the tank is not too far gone. I had one once that leaked after I put the new liner in. Spent hours painting that tank only to have pinhole leaks ruin the paint job. Test it and test it again.

Have also used POR-15 but it is more $.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks everyone , I think the Tank is good besides some surface rust . I will find out for sure though

Comment

New project Honda CB360

Great find. That was my first bike about 32 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk spelling/grammar errors are likely to occur.
              Last edited by giarcher; 07-07-2017, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Brings back some memories, had a CL350 back in the 70's. Following your build!

Comment

Working...
                X