No announcement yet.

Help building back my St. Augustine Grass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the latest and greatest Bermuda grass. It's called Tiff Tuff and everybody seems to love it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
      Here's the latest and greatest Bermuda grass. It's called Tiff Tuff and everybody seems to love it.
      RMW.....I am finishing up a new house with one acre that goes down to the lake. Lot is bare dirt now and will be installing sprinkler then start putting in grass. What would you put in if it was your place?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
        RMW.....I am finishing up a new house with one acre that goes down to the lake. Lot is bare dirt now and will be installing sprinkler then start putting in grass. What would you put in if it was your place?

Thank you
        Tough call! My top 3 grasses that I favor are

Palisades Zoysia
        Emerald Zoysia
        Tiff Tuff

Comment

Tough call! My top 3 grasses that I favor are

Palisades Zoysia
          Emerald Zoysia
          Tiff Tuff
          Thank you much....any deciding factors on the three above? I am in magnolia north of houston and yard will have very little shade. Since I am starting out with bare ground I would rather do it once and do it right.

Comment

Asulox or fusillade. I've sprayed out common Bermuda from my St. Augustine by spot spraying light applications of fusillade. 1/2 ounce to 1 gallon of water in a pump up sprayer and do not drench when spot spraying.
            Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
              Thank you much....any deciding factors on the three above? I am in magnolia north of houston and yard will have very little shade. Since I am starting out with bare ground I would rather do it once and do it right.
              Tiff Tuff is the best bang for the buck

Comment

I sprayed 14.3% and put down Fertilome F Spot. Then mowed and aerated a 2nd time. The last two days I have noticed a positiv change in the yard finally. I willl reapply 14.3% 30 days after my last spraying and fertilize soon also

Comment

Tiff Tuff is the best bang for the buck

I am putting in a new lawn when my house is finished and had already looked into this grass. Does anyone know how much a pallet it is?

Comment

Ok. So I decided to take the advice of some and kill it. I burnt it all. Resod and now it's looking great. Paid $65 for a pallet of sod out in Dayton.

Comment

Looks great!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks! I think I spent more in the winter seeding for winter grass than what I did on the sod. Wish I would've known. Would've saved me some cash. Also if anyone needs the number it's Buddy 936 334 2775 he's off of 2100 in Dayton

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                          I am putting in a new lawn when my house is finished and had already looked into this grass. Does anyone know how much a pallet it is?
                          $80-90 a pallet if you by straight from a turf farm. $ 150-200 from a retailer

Comment

How do you get Bermuda out of st Augustine ?

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                              Very light applications of fusillade every 28 days. 3oz per acre is a good rate

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                                Also mow higher. It will choke out the bermuda.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X