Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does venison keep in the freezer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long does venison keep in the freezer?

Just had some caribou tacos. My dad shot it in 2009. Still tasty as can be!

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
    Just had some caribou tacos. My dad shot it in 2009. Still tasty as can be!
    I've eaten it two years old, no problems

Comment

8 years is pushing it a bit for me. But I have no problem eating 2 year old venison.

Comment

I had some ground meat from a hog I shot 5 years ago few days ago. Tasted just as fresh as the night I cooked the tenderloins over the campfire

Comment

Depends on how well it was packaged.......

Comment

Never had this problem. Lucky to get it to last a year at my house.

Comment

I have some vacuum packed 3yo Missouri venison steaks I'm making last.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I've kept it for 3 years vacuum packed but that's pushing it for paper wrapped. I start getting some freezer burn with paper after the second year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk spelling/grammar errors are likely to occur.

Comment

Mine are all vacuum packed, but we have a hard time having any left when the next season opens !

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                    Depends on how well it was packaged.......

Yes Sir

Comment

Had some that's vacuumed sealed last more than couple years, seemed good
                      When I used paper wrap in past years it seemed that it wouldn't last past first year

Comment

Was def vacuum packed. Had fallen to the back of my parents freezer so I took it to make jerky with. Thought, what the heck? Can't be that bad

Comment

Originally posted by TexAg2002 View Post
                          Never had this problem. Lucky to get it to last a year at my house.
                          Same here

Comment

Recent freezer cleanout revealed a couple paper wrapped packs of steaks labeled 2006. I plan to try them and see what they look like. I'm thinking as long as they're not freezer burned real bad they'll be fine. Maybe I'll update this thread, or if I don't you can assume I'm dead from food poisoning haha.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              Recent freezer cleanout revealed a couple paper wrapped packs of steaks labeled 2006. I plan to try them and see what they look like. I'm thinking as long as they're not freezer burned real bad they'll be fine. Maybe I'll update this thread, or if I don't you can assume I'm dead from food poisoning haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X