tbh plumbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zookeeper View Post
    You are absolutely correct. The guy even tried to get her to let him replace replace the commode bolts for an extra $300.00 of course.

That explains why they took $500 of the bill. I assume they do this as standard billing for customers they can rip off. They were likely trying to avoid you going to the BBB or local press.

Comment

You might want to consider this avenue or at least let the "so called" plumber know your looking into it!

Comment

**** shame.

Comment

The total bill for what u see was $1300.00. I have done this type of repair. Many times and could not sleep if I had charged some one like this.
          by the way it was Millstone out of Garland.
          I made a ****** off phone call and got them to cut the bill by 500 but still WTH.
          Was it Millstone or Milestone?

Comment

I thing that is milestone. They do electric and plumbing. Have not heard a good word about that company. Their catch phrase is "milestone electric, we'll fix it in a flash.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

My advice is to go to your local fire station to find a plumber. Most fireman have side businesses

Comment

Did they not provide her with a quote prior to starting work?

Comment

Plumbing Repair

My 85 year old mil had a drain line leak in the wall behind her vanity. The water mitigation people did all of the demo and dried everything out. The plumber came in and replaced the drain line trap and replaced two half inch compression valves.
                    He had about 3 hrs and less than 50dollars in materials.
                    I was not in town to handle this for her other wise it would of been a no brainer.
                    First what would u of charged? Hint! They billed $740.00 just to replace the valves.
                    Second what do u see wrong with this picture?
                    Looks like drain is uphill, gonna be hard as he%# to put drywall on, just pm. me , to take care of it, 45/hr Haven't heard anything good about milestone [willsc#&%%@* it up in a flash!

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                      Was it Millstone or Milestone?
                      Milestone. The same ones that do electrical.

Comment

Originally posted by BTAssassin View Post
                        My advice is to go to your local fire station to find a plumber. Most fireman have side businesses

I am one of those guys. Since I retired all I do is home repair. My mil decided to go rogue and not wait until I got back in town. I don't know what he told her and she can't remember. Really is a case of taking advantage of the elderly. I am preparing a complaint to the BBB.

Comment

That is pretty steep on the price but the flat rate pricing companies do that.

Can you post a pic of the invoice?

Also complaining about a price to the TSBPE will not do anything but waste time. They do not care what people pay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Comment

Amazing the took $500.00 off. She has a good Son-in-law.

Comment

I was in Dallas with my sick Dad in the hospital and took my Mom to the Dr. She had complained her dryer was making a bad noise for a few weeks and then stopped working. I ordered her a new dryer and when it was delivered it did not work. No power to the plug, I know very little about electrical work. Called a service company and they said we had a bad breaker. Wanted to charge 285.00 for the service call and replace the breaker and that was with a 50.00 discount. I paid them 75.00 for the service call and sent them on their way, went to Home Depot and bought a breaker for 11.00. Replaced it myself. I thought their 285.00 was way out of line!

Comment

That's freaking unbelievable, what a bunch of con artists. I would be beyond mad about someone taking advantage of an elderly family member of mine like that.

We do all our own plumbing we can. What is sad is when we have a problem we cant fix and have to call a plumber half the time the idiots who show up don't have the knowledge to fix it. Seems like their are a lot of guys that pretend to be plumbers but have no actual knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                                X