Aoudad ewe hunt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aoudad ewe hunt.

Think I'm going to need one, this summer. The hunter will be using a crossbow.

Anybody have any leads?

Smokin deal I worked for 2 aoudad ewes. I tried getting the group on here and it got axed due to advertising.

A group of 8 of us are going to Val Verde County. 500 all inclusive with lodging and meals, 2 ewes. If you ever get on the THF check it out. Best of luck finding a place

Not sure what I will do with the meat though. I hear they don't eat well.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
      Smokin deal I worked for 2 aoudad ewes. I tried getting the group on here and it got axed due to advertising.

A group of 8 of us are going to Val Verde County. 500 all inclusive with lodging and meals, 2 ewes. If you ever get on the THF check it out. Best of luck finding a place

Not sure what I will do with the meat though. I hear they don't eat well.
      Yup.....great hunt for me, not do much for my kiddo. Plus I don't think the time frame matches up.

Eat the meat, it's great! That's why we are looking for ewes, meat yield is great compared to other animals plus they eat better than the rams. Crockpot the meat, guisado style and enjoy. Smoker does great as well, until the bone falls off the meat. I've made chile negro/Colorado and it comes out great as well. Good luck!!!!

Comment

Aoudad ewe hunt.

I shot this small ram and the meat tastes great. Slow cooked and it was fork tender. A ewe will be some good eating.

I killed him at Chambers Bowhunting Ranch but they don't allow crossbows. Good luck on the hunt once you find a place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk spelling/grammar errors are likely to occur.
        Last edited by giarcher; 03-25-2017, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Rams are good to eat too. I dont know how these rumors get started.

Comment

I agree!! We have made ground meat, italian sausage, smoked link sausage, summer sausage, and jerkey. All turned out very good. There was also a great roast recipe on here to.

Comment

Wow..............I guess I will keep them then

Comment

Working...
                X