New truck- already broken into

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hagen View Post
    i'll be down in a few months for a hunt with my boys. Will be staying downtown so we can do the riverwalk the night before. Is there an area I should stay away from? Or all of downtown?
    Yes- Stay north of New Branufels, and East of Seguin.

SA is a cesspool.

Comment

Originally posted by Efren View Post
      Yup. SA Now I can't even go to Bass Pro in my new truck. How rediculous is that?!
      Sorry Brother...hell, move to Granbury, we all carry here and we have more LEO'S than any place I've ever lived, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAggieB View Post
        Yes- Stay north of New Branufels, and East of Seguin.

SA is a cesspool.
        Ha.. what would you call Houston?

Comment

the SA tourism bureau....lol

Comment

Originally posted by d1rich1 View Post
            Makes me want to stay away from Fords
            That's funny, didn't you know locks are for honest people. It don't matter what brand you drive if a thief wants in they are getting in.

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan View Post
              Hate to hear about your experience. I installed a hidden kill switch on my f250. Won't prevent them from breaking in, but they won't be driving off.
              Yeah, I think at the end of the day, this is the best solution. Maybe combined with a sensitive alarm and of course NEVER leaving anything valuable in your vehicle.

I hear you about the guns. Ticks me off when I have to go into a place with an 06 sign and have to leave my gun in the car.

Comment

Mine was broke into a couple years ago...if you electrictronic code on your doors, replace the broken key piece with the same lock but use a passenger opener as it doesn't have a key opening in it...

Comment

New truck- already broken into

Originally posted by Hagen View Post
                  i'll be down in a few months for a hunt with my boys. Will be staying downtown so we can do the riverwalk the night before. Is there an area I should stay away from? Or all of downtown?

Don't stay near the AT&T center or west SA. Don't stay anywhere near the Ingram Park Mall. The safe bet is downtown by the Alamo but it's expensive. Near the airport (Loop 1604 & 281) would be safe for the night.

Just make sure you don't leave anything in the cab. I've seen cars get broken into in broad daylight in SA to steal GPSs left in the open and anything they can grab quickly. Don't entice the dirtbags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk spelling/grammar errors are likely to occur.
                  Last edited by giarcher; 03-19-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

SA is the worse it seems. Had 5 of our trucks broken into in a span of 6 weeks. Even stole one of my guys prescription glasses.

Comment

Stop Thieves

I had one of these put in , it won't prevent them from taking what you leave in the truck , but supposedly there has never been a vehicle stolen with it installed . . .

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post

Comment

Originally posted by marceco View Post
                        I had one of these put in , it won't prevent them from taking what you leave in the truck , but supposedly there has never been a vehicle stolen with it installed . . .

How much did this run ya?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I put a console vault in my f150. I'm sure they could get in it if they had time to spend, but I love it. Especially whe I read articles about about kids finding guns in their parents cars and shooting someone.

Sorry your truck got broken into. It's a bad feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by BW412 View Post
                            I put a console vault in my f150. I'm sure they could get in it if they had time to spend, but I love it. Especially whe I read articles about about kids finding guns in their parents cars and shooting someone.

Sorry your truck got broken into. It's a bad feeling.

I have taken reports for vehicles with these. They are easy to get into sadly. They come with a warranty that replaces whatever is stolen. Wouldn't count on it.

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
                              I have taken reports for vehicles with these. They are easy to get into sadly. They come with a warranty that replaces whatever is stolen. Wouldn't count on it.
                              The only thing I feel comfortable with is a steel tool box that is locked. If these are locked they are rarely penetrated even during the overnight hours. The daytime shopping center burglars don't even mess with them. There is too much low hanging fruit sitting in the consoles or front seats of pickup trucks.

Comment

Kaft!

Comment

Working...
                                X