No announcement yet.

Christmas Cooking Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 racks of ribs, 14 pound brisket, 8 links of very fine fresh smoked venison sausage for the meats... everyone else that's comin' is bringin' taters, beans, and such... Never done a Texas bar-b-que Christmas, but everyone seems to be pretty excited about it... Would have been nice if the weather were a bit cooler so sittin' round the fire would have been more "comortable"...

Oh yea, probably THE MOST IMPORTANT part of the dinner... my bride is makin' a traditional Fruit Cake!! ...love me some fruit cake!! It's an East Texas thang y'all!

Comment

Shrimp boil and crawfish boudin on the menu for me and the family

I was going to smoke some wild hog but the weatherman has forecasted rain.

Comment

My lovely bride has made up a new holiday, Christmas Eve Eve where we go out to a nice dinner and enjoy some quiet time before the family all gets together. Have reservations at Bohannons downtown tonight. Tomorrow everyone is coming to our house and we are doing appetizers and I'll be doing dove poppers and queso. Christmas Day we head over to other in laws where it's a more traditional meal of turkey and all the normal sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X