No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took my test at Archery County on Friday. 148/150. Sept. 28th can't get here soon enough!

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
      What area you looking to set up in?

This will be my first yr hunting there.

Where do most of the hunters set up? Which unit?
      I am in Tejas area off FM 3405.

Most go to the Russell, Jim Hogg and Cedar Breaks areas.

Feel free to holler at me Friday or Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_ View Post
        Took my test at Archery County on Friday. 148/150. Sept. 28th can't get here soon enough!
        Great score. Whooped my ***.

Comment

I shot the same. I shot 14 10's in a row, and dropped the last dang shot because I was having a conversation and not paying attention.

Comment

What all do we need to have by orientation?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
              What all do we need to have by orientation?
              From what I understand, we need Qualification sheet, receipt from gate for $90 fee and proof of Hunter Ed.

Comment

Plus, don't forget to bring your 2013 hunting license, which is required before.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
                  I shot the same. I shot 14 10's in a row, and dropped the last dang shot because I was having a conversation and not paying attention.
                  Good shooting! Me too, I rushed one shot and missed the 10 by about 1/4 inch. Eiether way I was happy, all dead deer.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                    From what I understand, we need Qualification sheet, receipt from gate for $90 fee and proof of Hunter Ed.
                    Hunter Ed not needed if you qualify under the TPWD rules.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                      Hunter Ed not needed if you qualify under the TPWD rules.
                      Needed it last year and rules say need it again. Hunters that are exempt from the ed class areare born before September 2 1971 and on tpw site says this too..

Please note that some federally controlled areas require all hunters using that site to have hunter education certification. In Texas, this includes Corps of Engineers property and most military reservations. Be sure to check with the specific area prior to going hunting.

Just because tpw says your exempt from hunters ed USACE requires it.

Comment

Originally posted by centexhunter01 View Post
                        Needed it last year and rules say need it again. Hunters that are exempt from the ed class areare born before September 2 1971 and on tpw site says this too..

Please note that some federally controlled areas require all hunters using that site to have hunter education certification. In Texas, this includes Corps of Engineers property and most military reservations. Be sure to check with the specific area prior to going hunting.

Just because tpw says your exempt from hunters ed USACE requires it.

I would take it just in case... hate for someone to miss out on the hunt.

Good luck!!

Comment

For sure.
                          Last edited by bosshawg401; 08-14-2013, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Anyone had problems with people stealing or tearing up pop-up blinds out at Georgetown?

Comment

Anyone had problems with people stealing or tearing up pop-up blinds out at Georgetown?
                              X2 and if so which area seems to get hit the most?

Comment

I heard few stories of stealing from other hunters. Some hunting units have public traffic, try to setup away from public view.

Comment

Working...
                                X