No announcement yet.

Pit blind build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hole is 32" and the bottom of windows are 34". I sloped the dirt up to the windows to help shed water. The mortar is about 1/2" thick just enough to cover the lathing and have some strength. I am rethinking to door. I had originally used the piece of panel I cut out for the door and hinged it. I mortared it the same as the rest of the blind but now it's heavy and sagged and hangs up. So I am looking to do something different.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate C View Post
      The hole is 32" and the bottom of windows are 34". I sloped the dirt up to the windows to help shed water. The mortar is about 1/2" thick just enough to cover the lathing and have some strength. I am rethinking to door. I had originally used the piece of panel I cut out for the door and hinged it. I mortared it the same as the rest of the blind but now it's heavy and sagged and hangs up. So I am looking to do something different.
      If your gonna leave the windows open, why not just hang a heavy black curtain for the door?

Looks great! Do you call it "The Bunker"?

Comment

I have thought about some kind of curtain for the windows and you are right my just do the door to. My brother named it The Snake Pit! The hole time I was building it he said I was making a snake den.

Comment

easy fix.... Screw in a piano hinge and sheet metal door... or make a curtain from an old throw rug and hang it with bungee or use a tater sack .... I know u will fix it ... and it really is a neat blind. I would have to dynamite a hole like that on my place.

Bobby

Comment

Great job

Comment

Use a piece of heavy canvas tarp over panel for the door. Make sure you leave plenty of over hang to keep light and water out. This should be significantly lighter and keep most of the water out.

Second the shot selection. After hunting from ground level and trees it is very difficult to aim low.

Comment

Man that looks nice!

Comment

Rattlesnake heaven they are gonna love u for it!!

Comment

I have about three bags of tan colored Portland cement left over from when we built our house and it is nothing but sand where I would be building so it's bound to be a cheap build for me not to mention it would be easy digging. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

I love the blind, but I hate snakes more!!

Comment

I want to build on BAD!!

Comment

Working...
                        X