March 5 states - KS/KY/LA/ME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
    I am trying to understand the logic of this one though. Republicans will vote Republican either way. In order to win you have to capture the independents. I like Cruz but don't see him winning the independent voters. Hope I am wrong.
    If you really think Trump will win the independent vote idk what to tell you Cruz is the most Ronald Reagan like conservative we have had since the man himself and Hillarys independent support is terrible

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
      If you really think Trump will win the independent vote idk what to tell you Cruz is the most Ronald Reagan like conservative we have had since the man himself and Hillarys independent support is terrible
      I am neither pro-Trump nor pro-Cruz. But I don't see any resemblance whatsoever between Cruz and Reagan. No demonstrated history of leadership or executive management. Polarizing vs unifying. As for the independent vote, Trump has already demonstrated he pulls more than Cruz. Has Cruz even won an open primary yet?

That all aside though, if the GOP is willing to hijack the democratic process and destroy the party just to get a candidate they can better influence, then it is obsolete and needs to be destroyed.
      Last edited by ttechdallas; 03-05-2016, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
        I am neither pro-Trump nor pro-Cruz. But I don't see any resemblance whatsoever between Cruz and Reagan. No demonstrated history of leadership or executive management. Polarizing vs unifying. As for the independent vote, Trump has already demonstrated he pulls more than Cruz. Has Cruz even won an open primary yet?

That all aside though, if the GOP is willing to hijack the democratic process and destroy the party just to get a candidate they can better influence, then let it is obsolete and needs to be destroyed.
        Sounds pro trump to me! So trump is unifying? And if he pulls more votes why is Trump the only candidate losing to Hillary in the general election polls? And what leadership has trump proven?

Comment

That all aside though, if the GOP is willing to hijack the democratic process and destroy the party just to get a candidate they can better influence, then let it is obsolete and needs to be destroyed.
          Open primaries are very deceiving with the demos crossing over to bump up Donald trump

The idea is that he won't get the nod....run as an Indy and split a lot of the GOP vote, thus ensuring Hilary is it

Comment

Sounds pro trump to me! So trump is unifying? And if he pulls more votes why is Trump the only candidate losing to Hillary in the general election polls? And what leadership has trump proven?
            You might be using some Cruz logic on me. I didn't say Trump was unifying. I said he had demonstrated more pullover votes than Cruz. Nor did I reference leadership. But I also never claimed he was Reagan-like either.

Given a choice of burnt toast or day old scrambled eggs for breakfast, I would probably take burnt toast. That does not make me pro-burnt toast.

Comment

Kansas and Maine are proportional states with what, 63 delegates between them? Today is not going to change the trajectory of the race.

With almost the entire Republican establishment, party leaders, CPAC convention hype trying to hijack the democratic process and bury Trump, you would expect Trump to take a hit this week. Especially with the media, including Fox, overwhelming the airwaves.

This will all turn on Ohio and Florida.
              If that's your takeaway from Cruz winning Kansas and Maine convincingly, then ok. But remember, Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
                If that's your takeaway from Cruz winning Kansas and Maine convincingly, then ok. But remember, Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.
                I think you have let your bias overwhelm your logic and common sense. We don't even know if Cruz will carry the night tonight. Maine is now up to 12% in and Cruz' percentage of the vote has dropped and the gap narrowed. It is far from over. Meanwhile, Trump appears to be running away with Kentucky.

The net difference in the number of delegates tonight between Cruz and Trump will probably be +/- 20 at best. Won't have a significant impact.

OH and FL will have a huge impact. That's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
                  Y'all's back and forth is funny.

As for Cruz like Regan I don't see it. Wasn't Regan a Democrat before he was a republican? Did he have a lot of crossover votes? I like Cruz but I don't see him getting any democrats to crossover and vote for him.

Comment

It's was over your head so don't worry about it. I didn't even mention Trump in my response.

Comment

Originally posted by Be10dwn View Post
                      That's not the point of a primary, that is the general election's job. Republicans should choose their candidate, just like democrats should choose their candidate.
                      Yeah I get it and thats great, until a few dictate who runs in the general instead of the masses.
                      Last edited by bigbad243; 03-05-2016, 07:41 PM.

Comment

It's was over your head so don't worry about it. I didn't even mention Trump in my response.
                        Who do you think can win the most independents? I misunderstood your original post. I thought you were implying trump.

Comment

I have no clue at this point during this cluster F. I don't see Cruz as Ronald Reagan at all. Cruz is more the extreme conservative.

Comment

March 5 states - KS/KY/LA/ME

I am trying to understand the logic of this one though. Republicans will vote Republican either way. In order to win you have to capture the independents. I like Cruz but don't see him winning the independent voters. Hope I am wrong.

Winning the independents does no good if you don't also get the conservative base out to vote. They stayed home in the last two presidential elections because we nominated candidates that everyone said would win the independent vote.

The right candidate will bring out the base and win more independents than the democrats. I don't know if Cruz is the perfect person to do that, but he is the best chance we've had in a long time. I don't think Trump can do it with all of the conservatives that have said they won't vote for him.
                            Last edited by J Wales; 03-05-2016, 07:58 PM.

Comment

I have no clue at this point during this cluster F. I don't see Cruz as Ronald Reagan at all. Cruz is more the extreme conservative.

Cruz's policy positions are the closest the Reagan's of any candidate. Unfortunately, he lacks Reagan's charisma, but I hope we don't pick another president on that basis.

Comment

Originally posted by J Wales View Post
                                Winning the independents does no good if you don't also get the conservative base out to vote. They stayed home in the last two presidential elections because we nominated candidates that everyone said would win the independent vote.

The right candidate will bring out the base and win more independents than the democrats. I don't know if Cruz is the perfect person to do that, but he is the best chance we've had in a long time. I don't think Trump can do it with all of the conservatives that have said they won't vote for him.
                                I've heard that a bunch and maybe it is true. If it is is true, it's total garbage. How could someone call themselves a "true conservative" complain about how terrible Obama is, and then skip voting in the election because Romney was a moderate? Did they hate Romney more than Obama? How could the conservatives not make the effort to vote if the hated Obama so much? Skipping voting gave Obama another 4 years in office.

Comment

Working...
                                X