March 5 states - KS/KY/LA/ME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March 5 states - KS/KY/LA/ME

The Kansas Caucus is over, and with 20% of the vote counted, Ted Cruz is ahead of Trump by 50% to 25%, doubling him up. Kansas has actually already been called for Cruz, no surprise with that margin.

In the Maine Caucus, there are no official results yet, but there are unofficial reports that Cruz is beating Trump by a 2-1 margin in some counties and beat Trump in the most populous county in the state (where Portland is), and if that's the case, then he will likely win Maine as well.

Kentucky and Louisiana reports won't start coming in till later today sometime.

25+% now reporting and margins are the same in Kansas. Cruz's margin is likely to drop a little when Kansas City and suburbs start reporting, as Rubio is likely to get a lot of his votes there, but Cruz should still win the state overall solidly, based on current numbers.

By the way, this is not shocking unless you bought hook line and sinker the idea that Trump was going to steamroll everyone and the race was over. Santorum won Kansas by 50+% in 2012 over Romney, Cruz was always favored to win there, despite what the polls said. Just like in Oklahoma. Kansas is basically just Oklahoma NORTH, same voter demographics.

Comment

Kansas is no surprise. Maine is.
      Cruz may be in for a strong showing today if early results hold up. More indication Rubio and Kasich must exit so the strongest duo can slug it out.
      Last edited by Bayouboy; 03-05-2016, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Cruz also gets the CPAC sippy straw poll. Not sure how many delegates he receives for that

Comment

Maine is starting to make some of it's results "official" now, and with the first results, Cruz is up over Trump by 48% to 35%. I also just saw a report that Cruz may have won every county in Maine.

Comment

Keep posting the results. I am at the Evangeline and headed out to eat lots of Cajun food.
            Will check in on the under-entertained later

Comment

Looking like a very bad day for Rubio (so far). Bet his team is chain-popping Rolaids right now.

Comment

These are all closed primaries too I'm pretty sure which indicates that when only republicans can vote they prefer Cruz.

Comment

This is the best news of the day!! Thank you fellas.
                  I am going to go have a drink now.

Comment

Kansas and Maine are proportional states with what, 63 delegates between them? Today is not going to change the trajectory of the race.

With almost the entire Republican establishment, party leaders, CPAC convention hype trying to hijack the democratic process and bury Trump, you would expect Trump to take a hit this week. Especially with the media, including Fox, overwhelming the airwaves.

This will all turn on Ohio and Florida.

Comment

go cruz!

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                        These are all closed primaries too I'm pretty sure which indicates that when only republicans can vote they prefer Cruz.
                        I am trying to understand the logic of this one though. Republicans will vote Republican either way. In order to win you have to capture the independents. I like Cruz but don't see him winning the independent voters. Hope I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                          I am trying to understand the logic of this one though. Republicans will vote Republican either way. In order to win you have to capture the independents. I like Cruz but don't see him winning the independent voters. Hope I am wrong.
                          That's not the point of a primary, that is the general election's job. Republicans should choose their candidate, just like democrats should choose their candidate.

Comment

Yeah because a 2 party system is working so well for everyone... The parties should allow whom the people vote for, not close off the system.

Comment

Closed primarys telling the truth

Comment

Working...
                              X