Texas State Longbow Championship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas State Longbow Championship?

Who all is headed to Fort Woth this weekend? I'll be there along with Bob Sarrels, Stickshooter, and a few others from the Austin area. Hope to see everyone there. I will be headed up Friday sometime, but unsure of exactly what time yet (I have to wait on the unlucky ones to get off work).

Bisch
    Last edited by Bisch; 05-22-2008, 08:03 AM. Reason: add info

Bisch,

While you are there talk to the powers at be to see if they might consider allowing those of us who are split finger challenged to participate in future years. I have never been much on shooting longbows or wood arrows, but I would do so just to be able to attend this shoot if they would allow three under. The two-day format where you shoot with your peer group on the second day has always appealed to me.

With that said, it is their tournament and I respect their right to set the rules as they see fit.

Good luck to all of the TBHers who are shooting this weekend.

Comment

Who has the dates for the trad. shoot in Austin. Is it June or July.

Comment

Wil,it is the last weekend in july.

Comment

Chris,

I'll inqure about that. I have heard through the grape vine that they are considering changing some of the rules. I'm like you - it's their shoot and we play by the rules they set. That being said, if they're worried about string walking they could make it where a finger has to touch the nock. That way three under would be OK as long as your top finger was touching the arrow.

See ya later,

Bisch

PS - for Wil - the Austin shoot is July 26th & 27th.
          Last edited by Bisch; 05-22-2008, 12:13 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

Great that means that I can GO

Comment

Im thinking Chris needs that handicap! HAHAHAHA!! He already blows us out of the water!
              Am thinking the 3 under may happen next year with a relaxation on the bow..But as Jerry said,,ya probably going to have to be finger ON the arrow,,NO STRING WALKING

Looking forward to seeing you guys! I was hoping to get off a bit early on Fri to be able to help with some finishing touches but right now is looking pretty slim
              Im also ON CALL this weekend so am taking the work truck JUST IN CASE..not bad though,their diesel
              Last edited by Longstick; 05-22-2008, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Longstick View Post
                But as Jerry said,,ya probably going to have to be finger ON the arrow,,NO STRING WALKING
                One finger touching the nock is a pretty standard rule and I shoot with my index finger touching the bottom of the nock anyhow. I never have understood string walking; too much thinking involved and I feel it throws your tuning out the window. Anyhow we will just have to sit back and see what rules come out next year.

Hope yall enjoy the shoot.

Comment

Hey, y'all drive careful and have a fun weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X