Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hired on at GM in Arlington. Anyone else work there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hired on at GM in Arlington. Anyone else work there?

I just got hired on at the GM plant in Arlington as an Electrician Supervisor. Does anyone else work there? Training starts Thursday. What can I expect?
    The commute from Cedar Creek lake was wearing me out and I've been looking for a good fit for a while. The timing was perfect since I got laid off last week!

Congratulations on the new gig. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I worked with a guys whos wife works there. They get some real cool discounts of vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
        I worked with a guys whos wife works there. They get some real cool discounts of vehicles
        During the interview process I was told I'd get a good discount but no specifics. I've already had a friend ask if I would buy a vette for him!

Comment

I'm working with a guy that just came over from GM. He said for the last 3 years he's been working 6 days a week. He got burned out and left. They've been having a bunch of people leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by CooterBrown View Post
            I'm working with a guy that just came over from GM. He said for the last 3 years he's been working 6 days a week. He got burned out and left. They've been having a bunch of people leaving.
            Yep. Thats what I was told. Lots of turnover and expect a lot of OT. Maybe with gas prices rising demand for SUVs and trucks will decline. I'm a little concerned about that. I'll be the new guy and the first one let go!

Comment

Overtime is where you make your bank. If people cannot handle overtime never apply in the oil and gas or chemical industry.

Overtime is much better than slow work and them cutting hours.

Comment

Mainly you can expect TRAFFIC up and down 360 and I-20.

Comment

Congrats. Hope it works out for you.
                  Last edited by Big pig; 05-19-2018, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Hope all works out! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      Overtime is where you make your bank. If people cannot handle overtime never apply in the oil and gas or chemical industry.

Yep. I remember back in the Barnett Shale days when getting off by noon on Sunday felt like a vacation. Made for some fat checks though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My girl works there in assembly, she has been there five years n really likes it. She does well as far as pay and seems like she gets a raise every six months. They have been on six day weeks for a while with the option to work Sundays for doubletime sometimes. They do get paid holiday time off a lot too. Profit share every February is VERY nice as well. All in all she really likes it and plans to retire from there, she currently works the first shift from 6-2 or 2:30

Comment

Congratulations on the job! Can’t wait to see your first post after the first union meeting. Na I’m playing congratulations it sounds like a great job

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post

Yup. Overtime is where the bank is. Plus being the go to guy might suck sometimes but that's a good way to get above the cut level.

Comment

Working...
                            X