• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by JJC-ole Mexico View Post
      Any updates from ole Mexico [emoji1166]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rough weak on our end.....wet and cold! Slow buck movement. Got one cull out and a few does. Crap week.

Comment

Very slow weekend in Mexico for us as well.
        Past two years have been no bueno

Comment

Been rough for us too. Bucks are chasing now but mature deer are hard to come by. We are in Nuevo León close to road that goes to Columbia from anahuac highway

Comment

Was down Tuesday thru yesterday. Started good then all of a sudden mature bucks were gone. Followed by the does and young bucks. Was tough.
            MT where off Hwy 1 are yall? We are close to the pipeline turn off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

13 miles almost exactly south of pipeline turn off on left.

Comment

That seems to be the story everywhere

Comment

2011 drought was tough. Lasted a long time. 6 year olds are hard to find. Especially for us

Comment

The Other Side of the Wall 2017-2018

Been here since last Tuesday
                    I'm taking up residency down here now [emoji16]

Comment

It's been very slow up near Guerrero, Coah. The weekend of the 15th-17th of December we saw our best rut activity. An abundance of 2-4yr old bucks is all that has really moved all season. Many of our mature bucks are nowhere to be seen in person nor on camera. I feel a little better knowing everyone else is experiencing similar reports.

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn_cop View Post
                        Was down Tuesday thru yesterday. Started good then all of a sudden mature bucks were gone. Followed by the does and young bucks. Was tough.
                        MT where off Hwy 1 are yall? We are close to the pipeline turn off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

We are close to y’all off Hwy 1... probably 4-5 miles from Hwy 1 loop to Colombia.

It has been odd for mature deer... We are seeing fantastic 3-4yr olds, but deer 5/6/7 are very far and few between. (Especially 6-7 yr olds) It has been the same story from most everyone I’ve spoke with.

The drought in 10/11/12-13ish must have played a huge toll in the way these ranches are right now. I think the ranches with plenty of papa lote water / protein -Cotton seed had a much better advantage with saving fawns those years.. I truly think the 5-7 yr old deer are very far and few between in parts of Mexico right now and it will be 2-3 years before it is truly good again around our neck of the woods.

Until then, we will just make it fun & enjoy the setting of old Mexico and the people with continuing to manage the ranch to the best of our ability.
                        VIVA!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt24/7Hard View Post
                          We are close to y’all off Hwy 1... probably 4-5 miles from Hwy 1 loop to Colombia.

It has been odd for mature deer... We are seeing fantastic 3-4yr olds, but deer 5/6/7 are very far and few between. (Especially 6-7 yr olds) It has been the same story from most everyone I’ve spoke with.

The drought in 10/11/12-13ish must have played a huge toll in the way these ranches are right now. I think the ranches with plenty of papa lote water / protein -Cotton seed had a much better advantage with saving fawns those years.. I truly think the 5-7 yr old deer are very far and few between in parts of Mexico right now and it will be 2-3 years before it is truly good again around our neck of the woods.

Until then, we will just make it fun & enjoy the setting of old Mexico and the people with continuing to manage the ranch to the best of our ability.
                          VIVA!

Dead on with my philosophy! Viva

Comment

I saw more chasing the week of Dec 10th than we did this past week with great weather conditions. The ranch is green as can be for this time of year which makes the hunting even tougher. I agree with Scott about the effects of the drought hurting us on mature bucks. This weeks weather will hopefully improve late season hunting.

Comment

Took some management bucks and a cull... as well as some does!!!! But saw plenty good bucks!!!

Happy new year!! VIVA!

Comment

The power of a Green Season. We have plenty 6 to 8yr Olds this yr but, they are very unpredictable and only expose thier self when behind a hot doe right now. Don't let the hipe of no mature deer fool ya. Old deer never do what we all wished they did. Right now they don't have to look for water or food so getting one to travel out of their 300 to 500ac home can seem like they don't even exsist this season but, they are there. The last two weeks for season could be a big game changer after this week's freeze. Keep those does corned up and stay ready. It only takes 2mins to change a whole Season. Good luck to every one and Happy New Years

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X