New to forum and hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to forum and hunting

Hey guys trad guy here from galveston. Pretty new . But practice out to 10 yards. I have a few questions.. I am from galveston. And there isn't any public hunting land around. Can anybody point me in the right direction to find some public land to shoot at some rabbit and squirrel maybe.. I figure small game would be a great place to learn to hunt as I know next to nothing in the hunting world. And in the next deer season or two I would like to bag a deer. Is there guides for that to help out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cody2306; 11-20-2017, 08:15 PM.

Originally posted by Cody2306 View Post
    Hey guys trad guy here from galveston. Pretty new . But practice out to 10 yards. I have a few questions.. I am from galveston. And there isn't any oh pic hunting land around. Can anybody point me in the right direction to find some public land to shoot at some rabbit and squirrel maybe.. I figure small game would be a great place to learn to hunt as I know next to nothing in the hunting world. And in the next deer season or two I would like to bag a deer. Is there guides for that to help out?

Typo oh pic . Meant to be isn't any public hunting land

Comment

There are pigs on the east end, by the ship channel, and tons of rabbits. I'm not sure if any of that is public, or it's all marine corp/coast guard land..

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        There are pigs on the east end, by the ship channel, and tons of rabbits. I'm not sure if any of that is public, or it's all marine corp/coast guard land..
        You are right. And land on pelican island
        .i don't think it's legal to hunt out there but I do go and stump shoot there

Comment

Plenty of pigs out there and coyote.

Comment

Get the public lands permit and they will send you a book of maps. Welcome. There are plenty of places to hunt pigs. They are my favorite practice for deer hunting.

Comment

Welcome & Good luck hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
                Get the public lands permit and they will send you a book of maps. Welcome. There are plenty of places to hunt pigs. They are my favorite practice for deer hunting.
                Thank you sir. I think another one of my problems were I been on the wrong forums.. I been on trad forums were not many people from texas.. I didn't realize tbh had a trad section

Comment

Welcome to the fire. Sam Houston is the closest place for deer for public. Get yourself a bow fishing rig and hit the flounders.

Comment

Working...
                  X