Know thy enemy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Know thy enemy!!!

Seems like this latest attack is doing more to drive Americans apart than bring them together.

The left says we have no enemies except guns and racism

The far right says our enemies are anyone who practices Islam.

So where does the truth reside ? I think with a little research it is really easy to see who the True Enemy really is so why the knee jerk reactions on both sides? Are people really so busy or blind that they don't research it for themselves ?

Not every Muslim is our enemy but if they don't do something to combat this threat then they will have to capitulate or die. The true threat comes from a country that WE support and who gets a big chunk of your money everytime you fill up YOUR truck, we have had administrations on both sides of the political spectrum who have supported this regime and defend them all the while blowing smoke up the American peoples collective backsides and we continue to let them get away with it and when I say them I mean all the Rs and all the Ds who do nothing to send a message to the Saudis.

Our POTUS was photgraphed with members of the Muslim Brotherhood and our congress roles out the red carpet for the royal family everytime they want or need something from us. All of them refuse to even consider putting sanctions on the Saudis no matter how much American blood is on their hands

Its not a republican problem or a democrat problem, its an American problem that our children will be dealing with sooner rather than later.

To the left , we have a serious problem that needs to be defined of who is our enemy
    To the right, not everyone who is Muslim is our enemy but our enemies are muslim.

To Americans, please read up on what this is really about and lets focus on the real enemy and not tear each other apart in the process.

I will leave a couple of links that are really good reading if you have the time or inclination

12:00-2:00pm Pew Research Center Washington, D.C. The Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life and the Council on Foreign Relations co-hosted a luncheon

Go ahead and flame away

Too many folks take the weak way out by firing up the inflammatory and snotty comments and not actually thinking.

I had several people flame the heck out of me claiming that people don't need guns because no gun carrier had ever stopped a mass shooting. A whopping 30 seconds on Bing provided a number of links documenting the exact opposite. They haven't responded, I think because they don't want to deal with the inconvenience of being wrong.

Comment

I'm convinced social media makes it worse. We self select a group of people we agree with, then our feed is filled exclusively with one side of the story.

The truth is almost always in the middle.

Comment

You wont get flamed by anyone that is actually considering all the factors. Great post for folks that understand the mess WE truly are in.
        Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
        I'm convinced social media makes it worse. We self select a group of people we agree with, then our feed is filled exclusively with one side of the story.

The truth is almost always in the middle
        Pretty easy to understand that when everything in life is not based on....... knee jerk!
        Between what Hillary said today (the guns) and what Trump said (close the border even though this guy was homegrown) it is obvious a statesman is nowhere to be found........again!

Comment

Even though he was homegrown I doubt who helped encourage this was.
          Last edited by TexZ71; 06-13-2016, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexZ71 View Post
            Even though he was homegrown I doubt who helped encourage this was.
            The fact that it is homegrown terror is a mute point when you understand that the Saudis spend MILLIONS of dollars to export Wahhabism to the US. If they fund a mosque or a school they are teaching Wahhabi view points.
            When you see how many mosques and how many schools they fund here on American soil it is chilling. And our leaders do nothing to curb it or demand that the Saudis stop. They have the oil and we give them the money a gallon at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
              The fact that it is homegrown terror is a mute point when you understand that the Saudis spend MILLIONS of dollars to export Wahhabism to the US. If they fund a mosque or a school they are teaching Wahhabi view points.
              When you see how many mosques and how many schools they fund here on American soil it is chilling. And our leaders do nothing to curb it or demand that the Saudis stop. They have the oil and we give them the money a gallon at a time.
              U would be absoulutely right sir! But we went to Iraq to fight the 911 war...after the majority of hijackers were from Saudi.......lol! The fix is in on every level and around every corner folks. WE are in bad trouble!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                U would be absoulutely right sir! But we went to Iraq to fight the 911 war...after the majority of hijackers were from Saudi.......lol! The fix is in on every level and around every corner folks. WE are in bad trouble!
                15 of the 16 were from Saudi and all were here legally, we're in major trouble !!

Comment

I don't understand why we continue to deal with Saudi. I'm also not a big fan of our other "ally" in the Middle East....but I know I'll get flamed for saying that. I just don't see what our dealings with Saudi and Israel have done for us other than cost us billions of dollars and huge costs in human life.

I wish we'd cut ties with all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                    I don't understand why we continue to deal with Saudi. I'm also not a big fan of our other "ally" in the Middle East....but I know I'll get flamed for saying that. I just don't see what our dealings with Saudi and Israel have done for us other than cost us billions of dollars and huge costs in human life.

LOL........not sure why you would get flamed. People hated Jews and Israel for most of my life and I am only 52. Not sure exactly when the love affair got re-kindled but it has been interesting to watch the transformation.......which is OK. Maybe it started after the 72 Olympics but I was just a kid then and most knew nothing about Israel or Gaza then.........if they did know they did not care. Saudi's have us by the short hairs and it is VERY obvious based on our retarded energy policies for 40 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      LOL........not sure why you would get flamed. People hated Jews and Israel for most of my life and I am only 52. Not sure exactly when the love affair got re-kindled but it has been interesting to watch the transformation.......which is OK. Maybe it started after the 72 Olympics but I was just a kid then and most knew nothing about Israel or Gaza then.........if they did know they did not care. Saudi's have us by the short hairs and it is VERY obvious based on our retarded energy policies for 40 years.
                      Pretty sure that part of the world has been hating on both Christians and Jews for a couple of thousand years... and the US has been supporting Israel since it's independence in 1949. Jews have been maligned and persecuted for various reasons and by various religions throughout history.... but the US has stood by them for 67 years...

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post

That's what I meant when I said to focus, you have to know what's brought us here to this point, Israel doesn't play into that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                          Pretty sure that part of the world has been hating on both Christians and Jews for a couple of thousand years... and the US has been supporting Israel since it's independence in 1949. Jews have been maligned and persecuted for various reasons and by various religions throughout history.... but the US has stood by them for 67 years...
                          Yes, yes, yes, and yes to each of your "statements"! WE all know that. The point was when did the love affair actually start? You precede me on this earth and surely know that the overwhelming majority of American citizens (rich, poor, rural, city) all looked at the Jews with various levels of negativity. Thank goodness that is not the case in the late 20th century and into the 21st century. So what was the turning point for the masses?

Comment

Working...
                          X