Help with queso

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with queso

Anyone have any good queson recipes? I always just use velveeta,rotel,sausage but would like something different. I would really like to know how to make it like they do at On The Border but probably couldn't get that lucky. Any help would be great. thanks

Originally posted by chadreed88 View Post
    Anyone have any good queson recipes? I always just use velveeta,rotel,sausage but would like something different. I would really like to know how to make it like they do at On The Border but probably couldn't get that lucky. Any help would be great. thanks
    If it's for a dip, the velveeta/rotel combo works great. Try changing it up a bit by substituting sausage with those mini cooked cocktail shrimp or canned mushrooms or both. If you are going to eat it right then and there I love to use Monterrey Jack with some MX Chorizo.

Comment

Kirbey Lane Queso from Austin is Amazing. I actually like the Cowboy version a bit better.

Melt one small velveeta with about a cup of milk. Place one mashed up avocado in a bowl. 1 cup of drained black beans on top of that. Next pour the cheese over and top with pico and serve!

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
        Kirbey Lane Queso from Austin is Amazing. I actually like the Cowboy version a bit better.

Melt one small velveeta with about a cup of milk. Place one mashed up avocado in a bowl. 1 cup of drained black beans on top of that. Next pour the cheese over and top with pico and serve!
        Travis,
        That sounds awesome. I think it may be on today's lunch menu.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post

good one. I'm gonna give that one a shot.

Comment

make chilli (beef, deer, chicken, turkey) add velveta. easy and delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by greatwhite View Post
              make chilli (beef, deer, chicken, turkey) add velveta. easy and delicious.
              I'm gonna try that with some Fritos Scoops!

Comment

If you like Chili's queso (The eatin place), we have heard............its canned chili, no beans, mixed with velveta cheese. Didnt believe it, made some, and Ill be ****ed, it tastes the same to me.

Comment

Thanks for the reply's and I'll try the chilis and the pico/avacodo one but as far as the others that is pretty much the same as plain cheese dip. (velveta,rotel,meat) Was really wanting someone to come up with the receipe like On The Border's so maybe someone out there will know and post. Again thanks

Comment

Try adding a little homemade (or Wolf brand no beans) chilli no beans to the Velveeta, Rotel, and sausage...

This would be similar to the queso dip at Chilli's.

Comment

There are web sites dedicated to making your favorite foods from the famous restaurants. Try searching Google for them.

Comment

Add a can of cream of mushroom soup to the mix. Thats all i do diffent from what you have already explained. And for twenty-plus years, I cant get enough.

Comment

add some butter (land o lakes salted) and some water (restaurant way of thinning it out) for desired consistency while melting down the velveeta.. anything you like can be topped off by it or put into it... I enjoy it on salad like dressing with crushed up tortilla chips and chunks of grilled chicken breast or taco meat, along with chunks of avocado.

Comment

Mix Albert's famous hot sauce (in the refridgerated area of store) and Philly cream cheese, and I like hot food so I throw in some fresh serano's also.

Comment

I've never eaten at an On the Border, so I don't know what their's taste like. I make a pretty decent queso (I suppose), and it's a little more than just the average cheese, rotel, meat. Just be sure to cook your onions and garlic with the ground beef so they will get nice and tender. If you like it really hot, then get the mexican style velveta.

2lbs Velveta
                              2 cans Campbell's Pepperjack
                              1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom
                              2 cans worth of milk
                              1/2 can red enchilada sauce
                              1 can Rotel
                              1 Lg can Petite diced tomatoes
                              3 small cans Diced Green Chilies
                              1 whole chopped onion
                              2 cloves chopped garlic
                              1 lbs sage breakfast sausage
                              1 lbs chili grind ground beef