WTB Drone/Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB Drone/Info

Wanting to get a drone for my son (19)and I to play with. Will use for boating, fishing, hiking. Have researched on here and also on net. Just like everything else a few hundred more and you can get so many more options and accessories.

I think I want a DJI but which one is good enough? Spark, Phantom, Mavic?

Don't really want to spend as much as the Mavic.

Does anyone have a used one that they want to sell?

Any good advise out there?

Thanks

I did a bunch of research on them .. that is a good brand the phantom seems to be most popular check CL I see them all the time for sale I keep tying to find a reason to buy one ha ha ..

adding a remote with view screen or even better a tablet is very cool

Comment

The Phantom is great, the camera/gimbal is stable and clear. Range is over 3 miles, and you can usually find them used for about $500-$550

Comment

I have the DJI Spark and it's pretty great for an intro drone, I've had mine for about a year and I'm looking at getting the Mavic Air to use for more cinematic shots for my videos.

Comment

Originally posted by ZachW View Post
          I have the DJI Spark and it's pretty great for an intro drone, I've had mine for about a year and I'm looking at getting the Mavic Air to use for more cinematic shots for my videos.
          Why would someone by a Mavic over the Phantom? I would assume the size.

Comment

My son saved up and bought himself a Spark.... I can't tell you much about the comparisons, but I can say I'm amazed at what it can do for an "entry-level" drone. Easy to fly, and pretty amazing video capability, in a very small package.

Comment

Originally posted by ZachW View Post
              I also have a Spark. After I had it for a few weeks, I was really wishing I had jumped straight into a Mavic!

Comment

I have a used DJI Phantom. For some reason I can't get the camera to be visible from the app. It still takes pics but you just can't see what you are taking a pic of.

Will sell for cheap and I am sure you can get the app deal fixed.

Let me know if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by gonecoastal View Post
                  I also have a Spark. After I had it for a few weeks, I was really wishing I had jumped straight into a Mavic!
                  Same question can you elaborate on why the Mavic?

Comment

DJI Phantom Standard 3

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
                    Wanting to get a drone for my son (19)and I to play with. Will use for boating, fishing, hiking. Have researched on here and also on net. Just like everything else a few hundred more and you can get so many more options and accessories.

I think I want a DJI but which one is good enough? Spark, Phantom, Mavic?

Don't really want to spend as much as the Mavic.

Does anyone have a used one that they want to sell?

Any good advise out there?

Thanks
                    I have one listed right now in the classifieds with a very nice hard case and lots of extras you can look at. If you decide on a DJI.

Comment

I recently got a Mavic Air and really like it? Very easy to fly and great images. It is smaller than the Mavic Pro and arms fold up making it great for packing or traveling with.

Comment

interesting thread, I have the same question

Comment

I have a Phantom II (retired), Inspire 1 and a Spark. By far, I have gotten the most use out of the Spark due to the ease of use and portability. It's easy to pull it out and get some quick footage.

That said, the best option depends on WHY you want it and its primary usage. If you want something to fly far or fast, then there are better options than the Spark. Likewise, if you're using it for freelance or paid video work, then a Phantom IV or Inspire will probably suit you better.

I bought the Spark because it's something I can put in a pack, in my kayak or even drag behind me while wading (in a small Pelican) and take it up to get a few quick shots as supplemental footage for most of my hunting, fishing, hiking, kayaking videos on YouTube.

I bought the Spark before they came out with the Mavic Air, so if I had to purchase today I'd have to more closely compare the features to figure out which I'd prefer. That said, for its primary purpose, I rarely need 4k, low light or high frame rates, so small and lightweight (and cheaper) would likely trump the other features.
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

I would go Mavic Air or Mavic Pro over the Phantom, mainly due to portability. Mavics can be thrown in a backpack and taken wherever. Phantom's have better camera and whatnot, but are more of a paint to transport around you want to take them hiking and stuff.

Comment

I have two Mavic I would consider selling one..PM me and we can talk about price. Have something in mind I want to buy so might be willing to take the hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X