Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Houston Astros season thread, Repeat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    Well done Peacock! Another Astros win!
    I posted a few days ago that my only concern right now and come playoff time is Giles. I wonder if Hinch feels the same way. Hinch could have brought him in to close in the 9th, but stayed with Peacock. I like that Hinch doesn't trot Giles out there just because he is the "closer". I just don't think Giles will be a dominate closer when it counts (it always counts ) I hope he gets it together and I can eat crow.

Comment

Peacock was pitchin lights out..no reason to pull for Giles... Unless 100miles giles gets his stuff back..i dont see him losing the closer status and being shoved in mid-tier reliever status...
      Perhaps he could throw with his left hand and take sipp's spot. Couldnt do any worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodfellah View Post
        Peacock is filthy, what an asset. I still think our best team is not on the field yet, Ted and Forest will be up soon, going to be a good year. (I know forest has a small problem to deal with first)
        Looking forward to seeing how Ted handles AAA ball. I think he will be fine. .

Comment

We're headed to the game tonight... going to have to jet out early though...boys got a early tournament in morning...and I havnt packed crap.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Peacock was pitchin lights out..no reason to pull for Giles... Unless 100miles giles gets his stuff back..i dont see him losing the closer status and being shoved in mid-tier reliever status...
            Perhaps he could throw with his left hand and take sipp's spot. Couldnt do any worse.

Yeah, and Sipp is our only lefty in the BP. The team isn't perfect, but pretty close to it.

Comment

I predict Giles will lose his role as closer or be replaced sometime this year. And Sipp will be gone also or at least not used. And we trade for a LHP sometime before the deadline for the pen.

Giles and Sipp are both weaknesses and cannot be trusted for anything but mop up work

Comment

Go stros

Comment

Comment

Good shot of my son

Comment

Comment

Comment

man the offense is in a funk. 1 run scored in 15 innings against the Padres. Hopefully they have some late game magic coming up, the Cole Train is rolling strong!

Comment

Too bad Cole is going to get a ND after 7 innings of shutout ball with 11Ks and 0 walks.

Comment

Cole is bringing it...

Comment

Yup jobu needs a shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X