Farm Diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farm Diesel

Has anyone used farm diesel in newer trucks?

Farm Diesel

Nope..... If I had would never admit to it .

Comment

No and wouldn't get caught with it in my truck, not worth the savings if you get caught.

Its basically just regular diesel that is dyed red, it runs fine in some of the family's new Tractors with the new emissions packages on them.

Comment

That would cost you min of $1000 if caught by IRS.

Comment

It's fine. Fill away.

Comment

I was picking up up off road diesel the other day and saw they still had high sulfer diesel listed on the board. I asked if I could still get it for my tractors and was told its all the same now days. John Deere is demanding fuel additives be added to the low sulfer diesels was told by the JD tech they are having problems with injector pumps and injectors. Guess I can send my repair bills to the president. They have really screwed up our diesel and gasoline the last few years. Anyone remember late 70's when they tried putting alcohol in the gasoline, history always seems to repeat itself.

Comment

Farm diesel is supposed to be used in off road farm use vehicles. It is a pretty good fine if caught using on road.

Comment

Penalties range from misdemeanors to second degree felonies for unlawful use of dyed fuel. Don't mess with the EPA or IRS.

Comment

The question was has anyone used it. Not if it was legal or should it be used. I have had to use it from time to time. Been on a jobsite or out in the woods and run low in my truck. I have a 2010 6.7 Cummins. It runs fine in it. Just use enough to get me to town.

Comment

I've never done it but mine runs just fine on it.

Comment

Bunch of outlaws on this site...I tell ya!

Comment

I used it for about about a month...plugged up my filter twice.....never again

Comment

It will run just fine in your truck. It is just dye.

Comment

& Tax Free

Comment

Why is everyone assuming the op is trying to break the law...quite possibly he could be purchasing a new farm truck.

Comment

Working...
                              X