Need GW or USFS explaination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need GW or USFS explaination

I have a question about the new regs for Wise county, and USFS LBJ grasslands in particular. The new book says USFS is not issuing anterless permits for general season, but the TPWD website says the only time a permit is NOT required is during the doe days of thanksgiving weekend. Also the USFS web site says applications for anterless permits will be available on line tomorrow. I called the number in the main office in Lufkin, and there is a pre-recorded message about the applications. I am looking for an official ruling on what is needed to take an anterless deer from the LBJ during general season. Here is a link to the TPWD regs for Wise county.

Thanks for the help.

pm froggy..he works on the lbj

Comment

This year the LBJ went to doe days only (Nov. 26-29th).. No doe permits will be issued.

I realize it's confusing. I'll keep my opinion, about this change, to myself.

I will say, it may be a little busy around Thanksgiving.

Here's a link.

You can still take two does during the archery season with the tags on your license and youth hunters will be able to take does during the youth only weekends.

Clear as mud??????

Comment

ok. thanks for the heads up. not sure this will be beneficial, but it will get a lot more does out of the system before they are bred. and since i dont work for them, IMO this is a BAD idea, and the herd is about to get even more out of whack with regards to buck/doe ratio.

Comment

This year the LBJ went to doe days only (Nov. 26-29th).. No doe permits will be issued.

I realize it's confusing. I'll keep my opinion, about this change, to myself.

I will say, it may be a little busy around Thanksgiving.

Here's a link.
          Someone is gonna end up getting shot one of those 4 days, stupid rule change by parks and wildlife.

Comment

Working...
          X