Ford 6.2 MPG ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford 6.2 MPG ?

Looking for a "new" used truck and seeing what you guys are getting in real mpg outta the gas motor. Looking for a F250-350 4x4 and seeing if this is the way to vs the 6.7. Thanks in advance

Average 10-11 in my work truck.

Comment

that's what I was afraid of. I wonder what the 6.7 is getting, 15 ??

Comment

My ‘16 gets 11-13 depending how I drive. If pulling trailer ( boat or feed ) avg. 9 unless going against headwind. Also likes to hunt gears if it’s hilly. My son’s 6.7 avg. 12 mpg regardless of what we pull & never gets out of overdrive regardless of conditions of what we pull. We take his most of the time as it also doesn’t effect trans temps.
        Last edited by gatt40; 04-21-2019, 08:11 AM.

Comment

I have a 12 fx4, I stay around 12-12.5. If I hook anything to it , it drops to around 10

Comment

2018 6.2 gets 11-15mpg depending how much highway she sees.

Comment

I had a 15 with the 6.2 and one time I seen it get up to 14mpg but it didn’t last long and I was back down to 10-11mpg

Comment

No 6.2 experience, but my 6.7 company truck is in the 15-17 range cruising unloaded on the highway. 10-12 towing.

Comment

My '16 f250 got 11.5 pulling a travel trailer to Vanderpool last week. I've seen the wife get as much as 17+ but I usually get around 12.8 to 13.8 for some reason. I love it though, best looking truck on the road imo. with mucho umph.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

2017 6.2. driving mix of city and highway miles, average 13.5 mpg. I put on 35" more aggressive tires, now I get 12.5 average

Comment

Haha getting 6.2 mpg

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                        No 6.2 experience, but my 6.7 company truck is in the 15-17 range cruising unloaded on the highway. 10-12 towing.
                        Real world my 6.7 was about 14 combined
                        I can’t drink the diesel cool aid anymore, because I gave up HD towing
                        Our 6.2’s ave about 13 mpg combined
                        Same with 6.0 gmc

Comment

9 in town or towing. 12ish on highway. 4x4 with 35” tires.

Comment

2016 F250 FX4 16.5 at 65mph at 70 in the 15s and 75in the 14s.Thats Hwy mileage with 275/70/18 Michelin AT tires(33" tires) and a leveling kit! I love the motor. Cost waaaay less to buy than a diesel and less for fuel and maintenance. Also its quiet and no DEF fluid. Since I don't have to pull long distances regularly I couldn't justify the extra cost initially and ongoing for a diesel.
                            Last edited by ShaBow; 04-21-2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I have a 2016 with the 6.2.
                              I was warned I would get 13 mpg.
                              After having it a month now, I can ASSURE you will not average 13 over a week unless you're on the highway, have a tailwind and never pass anyone. I average 11.2 and drive pretty conservatively.

I also have a Toyota Corolla [emoji6]

Comment

Working...
                              X