Billy Rice Scorcher Longbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billy Rice Scorcher Longbow

Hey guys, I picked up an older longbow this weekend from Fort Grard in Weatherford. I've done some digging around on the internet and cant find much. This is my first trad bow and I'm wanting to know more about it so I figured I'd ask yall and see if anyone knows anything about what I've got.

I’ve never heard of that now before? Good luck finding some info about it!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Billy built some nice, good shooting bows back in the 90's into the early 2000s.He used to make a lot of the Tx. shoots. I believe he was a Firefighter and lived up around the Boyd area. I haven't heard anything about him in a long time....thinking back on it seems like I heard that he passed a few years ago. I hope I'm wrong on that.....sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Comment

He was a North Richland Hill’s fireman, I believe. From what I’ve heard they are good shooters but he didn’t make many of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had one its was a Pretty good Bow sold it to a guy in Little Rock.

Comment

Following this thread.

Comment

Scorcher Longbow

Hello what would you like to know about Scorcher Longbows? My dad is Billy Rice.

Comment

Oh wow cool, well there you have it. All your questions will be answered and i would like to hear more about it as well.

Comment

This thread was started like 8 months ago by a guy who is not a regular on the Trad forum. I hope he sees it, but have my doubts!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by McWebb93 View Post
                    Hey guys, I picked up an older longbow this weekend from Fort Grard in Weatherford. I've done some digging around on the internet and cant find much. This is my first trad bow and I'm wanting to know more about it so I figured I'd ask yall and see if anyone knows anything about what I've got.
                    Well his last activity was yesterday. Maybe he forgot about it.

Gary

Comment

Maybe PM him.

Comment

Hey guys thanks for keeping this thread warm for me. @Texan1putt. Does your dad live out by Dennis? I was told that by someone in Weatherford and was curious if it was the same guy.

Anyway I'm really impressed by the bow. It's a true work of art and it shoots really well. I'm new to trad bows and I've got the draw weight and length already, so I dont really know if I have any "technical" questions.

Except for maybe an estimation of when the bow was made? And what kinda wood is it?

Id love to hear/see any info you've got regarding your dad and his bows, this one sure seems like it would have lots of good stories to tell if it could.

Comment

That would be him. They live out in Lipan. My dad might be able to give you a time frame when it was built depending on the string nock at the end of the limbs. If it is skinny that was his first press. If it is more flat that would of been his second press. If you want send me a picture of the bow and I'll send it to him.

Comment

Working...
                          X