Input on a recurve??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Input on a recurve??

All right guys, im wanting to get me another recurve. I had a PSE stalker, but sold it to a guy I work with to get him into archery. I love compound, don't get me wrong! But I really enjoyed shooting my recurve. I want to get another one, but wanted to pick some you guys' brains. Im right handed, and looking for something 60" or a little shorter, between 40-50#s. I do not have the money to spend on a custom one, trying to find me something decent in $250-$300 range. I would like a wooden one piece. I have picked over a couple guys brains out at the range. But I figured, I would see if any of you guys had any wisdom to chip in..... thank you for all your help in advance.

Shoot 'em straight!

I hear Samick are good bows

Comment

I have a Samick Sage like the one referenced above and it shoots far better than anyone would expect based on the price. Cabellas has them for about $10 more than Three Rivers if you want to see it before you buy it. I would start with no more than 45# if I were you.

I have two or three custom bows that I spent from $600 to $700 having made, and the Samick is the one I shoot most of the time.

Wayne

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Keep an eye on craigslist in your area. Here in Michigan I have picked up several Bear kodiaks and Kodiak hunters between $25.00 and $50.00 each. They are out there you just need to be on the look out.

This weekend in Kalamazoo ,Michigan there was a guy set up with probably $100 used recurves and lonbows in the $50.00 to $350.00 dollar range. I have three on his table myself that I sold for cheap so check in your area for shows. I know Chad from BCY was headed your way to work a big archery show. Just can't remember the city that he told me he was head to.

Comment

helim83, I sent you a PM.

Rick

Comment

Check out this thread. Several of us on here got some beautiful bows, and even the top line bows are within your budget.

Comment

Lancaster has some selection on differant Samick model recurves right in that price range . Spikeman for $299. , Red stag $159.

Comment

I appreciate all the help guys! @whitetailtrail, PM sent.

Roger, after seeing Grizz put up a 2nd place finish last shoot.....I have to do something about that!

Comment

Originally posted by helim83 View Post
                    I appreciate all the help guys! @whitetailtrail, PM sent.

Roger, after seeing Grizz put up a 2nd place finish last shoot.....I have to do something about that!
                    Make him place 3rd . He is always trying to beat me for some reason.

Comment

Lol, I can't believe he shot as well as he did.

Comment

Originally posted by helim83 View Post
                        Lol, I can't believe he shot as well as he did.
                        He kept texting with one of his hotties might have inspired him that day.

Comment

I don't know, maybe! He said it was 430 before he got back home Saturday morning. Then was at the shoot a 830...smdh

Comment

Working...
                          X