Snake traps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snake traps?

I remember reading a thread on here about trapping snakes. I need info on how to make a few. There's a guy with an infestation of snakes under his house. The problem is I can't crawl into every place under there because of pipes and whatnot. They're mostly coachwhips but a few weeks ago he killed a rattlesnake in his house. So I gotta come up with something different to help him out since I don't have access to every square inch under that house.

I was thinking like a box type trap or a minnow trap style of trap. What do y'all think? I know I'm gonna get a bunch of suggestions saying he should burn the house down but I don't think he's wanting to go that route.lol

Typically snakes are following food. Find what they are eating and get rid of that. When you do they will move on.

Comment

Burn it down!

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
        Typically snakes are following food. Find what they are eating and get rid of that. When you do they will move on.
        There's a lot of mouse traps set in there. It's actually really warm down there because of the heating. That's kind of what prevented me from crawling anywhere. Those pipes are hot. I think that's one reason why they spent the Winter there. It's actually more than warm,I was sweating crawling around in the places I could get to.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hornet527 View Post

Ok that's what I need to make right there. That's exactly the one I remember. I thought about just making them out of chicken wire or something. Nothing that has holes that are real wide. Coachwhips are pretty thin snakes so I don't want them squeezing their way out.

Comment

i postede this earlier on another thread, not sure if photobucket is showing the pics

Comment

Comment

Wow, that is crazy.

Comment

I remembered asking questions and never getting around to building any. It's time to test my trap building skills. I've never ran into this problem. I've always just crawled under a house and got snakes out. It's pretty much impossible with this particular house.

Comment

We used to catch them with buried drift fence on either side into a funnel type box trap.

Comment

I've heard of people putting moth balls and sulfur under their house to keep snakes away. I'm not sure if it works, but I've heard it from several different people.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm about 99.9% sure snakes have found their way in to the walls of that house. I saw a snake skin hanging out of a hole leading up in to the wall. The amount of snake skins I saw in there was ridiculous.

Comment

Delete thread, ban user.

Comment

originally i used the solid hail screen traps and put a cover over them. i have seen built some one piece traps,( drawing above). i think its important for the snakes to have something to crawl under. not sure if they wouls work with it being just a wire trap

Comment

Working...
                              X