No announcement yet.

How many dads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did all three but went in soft on the first one cuz I was nervous. Make sure you go with the baby when they clean it up under the heat lamp. Its a great bonding time.

Comment

I would've but both of mine were c-sections. Didn't even ask me. I was a nervous wreck anyway until they cut her open and I seen all the blood and basically lay her guts on her stupid to retrieve my babies and the doc looks up at me and asked how I was doing. My response: "perfectly fine now! Like skinning a deer." She laughed. I would've if I could tho.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        I offered to add a few extra stitches when the doc was stitching up the wife!
        Needed that, did ya??

Comment

I did and I freaked out the nurse when I said it felt like a wind pipe..
          I guess they weren't thinking deer windpipe

Comment

I cut my son's.

Comment

I did not think I would have, I hate hospitals an being in them makes me queazy. But after the first 10 min of being there I realized this is in no way about me an I better suck it up an get over it quick. I had to be there for the one that has always been there for me. I in no way get queazy around blood but when it's your spouse something changes the whole thing. I stood there like a man a was honored to cut the cord on two separate occasions for the two biggest achievements of my life. They say pictures say a thousand words, well here they are

The loves of my life Jason Gabriel Pena 7yo an his baby sister yzabella pena 4yo.

Comment

I cut both of mine, felt honored to do it.

Comment

both mine here also. one came natural and the other from a slimy goo (C section) that had mine attention so much i got an elbow to the ribs to do the cut. both times the slipperiness of that cord caught me off guard.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                    I would've but both of mine were c-sections. Didn't even ask me. I was a nervous wreck anyway until they cut her open and I seen all the blood and basically lay her guts on her stupid to retrieve my babies and the doc looks up at me and asked how I was doing. My response: "perfectly fine now! Like skinning a deer." She laughed. I would've if I could tho.
                    Your wife isn't a member here huh?

Comment

I did it and then gave him his first bath!

Comment

Cut all five of mine and even delivered the last one by myself at home. Wife was a baby factory, 5 kids in 7 years, with a combined labor of less than 7 hours for ALL of them together. The last one her water broke and I delivere my son 15 minutes later. Told her it is just like skinning a deer...she hasn't let me forget that to this day 16 years later.

Surprises me all the brave hunters that turn green or afraid to do it...do you'll take our whole deer to the processor to be gutted and cut up? Wusses...

Comment

Working...
                        X