Post your target buck for this season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
    Boy that first buck looks like a mean ol stud that could put the whoop a$# on an annoying lil 2 year old wanna be buck! I like that one for a target!
    Haha tell me about it I had him chasing a doe that day on camera. The 3rd one down is an older one I have him on multiple cameras. He's just smart never had him slip up yet. Named him Scarface at the time cause he had that busted up rack with scars on his face and along his back/sides.

Comment

Here's the one I'd be delighted to shoot!

Comment

Here's my target for this year. I'm thinking 130's which would make him my biggest ever.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
          I agree. That buck has had an antler or pedicle injury. That is not genetic.
          I'm curious as to why you think that. We have at least 4 different bucks on camera that have an inferior side. You can see one of them in the pic with my #2 on the list. We have two more like him, and another one that is absolutely huge but with the jacked up side. We call him boat paddle.

He is the only one that has the three beams coming up on one side.

Comment

Never seen a deer at my lease.

(enter sad, depressed, pondering why he wastes his time face emoji)

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
              Culling is not always a good thing. That deer will be on you hitlist in a few years if you let him grow.
              I agree, that deer is a future trophy. I'd let him go nuts, he's gonna be cool! Although I do understand the reasoning for culling him. I just think he's gonna be a funky old giant one day.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jaw216 View Post
                  Here are two that I am sure hoping will make a mistake this weekend, haven't me made it to our lease to see what is showing up in Angelina County.

[ATTACH]874283[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]874284[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]874285[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]874286[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]874287[/ATTACH]
                  That guy is built like a tank!!

Comment

I have been hunting the big 6 for 3 years now and have never had an opportunity at him. I passed on the 10 last year and the one with the split 2's was a main frame 8 last year with just one split 2.

Well I can't seem to get the last one to upload
                    Attached Files

Comment

My other target buck for Gregg Co., would like for my daughter to get him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gmann View Post
                        I'm curious as to why you think that. We have at least 4 different bucks on camera that have an inferior side. You can see one of them in the pic with my #2 on the list. We have two more like him, and another one that is absolutely huge but with the jacked up side. We call him boat paddle.

He is the only one that has the three beams coming up on one side.
                        IME, I have seen lot of bucks that were normal looking one year look like this the next year. Some stayed with the NT side the rest of their life while most of the others went back to normal looking antlers after that. How bad and when the injury occurred is what dictates how they grow after it. Everyone of those deformed racks were injury(rut or velvet) or stress related that I have seen. I have seen a lot of those deformed looking racks caused by the style of protein feeder the buck tried to eat from. I never cull a buck I have no history from the year(s) before. If they show up one year like that then I wait a year or even two if they have one good side. Most of the velvet growing injuries will be back to a normal growth the next year. Skull or pedicle injuries can be NT the rest of their life or be back to normal in the following year or two.

Comment

This guy if he shows up and gives me a shot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Ready for some deer steaks friends

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                              My other target buck for Gregg Co., would like for my daughter to get him!

I like big 6's

Comment

Post your target buck for this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X