Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new Toelke recurve came in today!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new Toelke recurve came in today!!!!!

I just came back from the post office to get a package that was sent by Dan Toelke. It is a 52" one piece recurve. I will have to wait until I am closer to Terre Haute to send any pictures from my phone to my computer so that I could send them to anyone. It is pretty sweet looking though and it seems to be pretty quick too. I only had a couple 55/75's to shoot through it. Seemed to shoot alright but I could tell that it was just a little stiff. I would love to see how this will shoot with some 35/55 or 45/60's or even some woodies! Dan makes some top notch bows that is for sure, this darn thing isn't to much bigger than my compound when it is strung. I cannot wait to get the nock in position and get arrows that are spined and try to do some serious shooting with it. He told me that it was #49@28 but it is labeled #50@28, for being a small bow I didn't feel to much finger pinch from this bow, but I could be honest and say that it is a bow that needs to be protected by a glove or tab. I shot it a few with my bare fingers and since it does have a Fast Flight string it does kind of eat into your fingers. I will try get someone to post them for me soon, well I should ask if I could get any volunteers to help me with this?
    Thanks,
    Chris Kiefner

P.S.
    You can check out the performace of a bow that is similar in poundage on peteward.com Pete seemed to really like the one he reviewed.

That's on my short list of bows to buy. Send them to me and I'll post 'em. Do you have something besides a camera phone?
    bobbyminchew at gmail dot com

Comment

Chris are you gonna chase javi's with it next year?

Dude,you have got to invest in a digital camera.

Comment

Congrats on the new toy... sounds like a dandy.

Comment

Eric,
          you have seen the pics I can take with my phone, I am gifted. Let me see what I can do. I may chase javi's with it next year, or I will borrow someones compound!!just joking.
          Chris Kiefner

Comment

Chew, I just emailed you some pics of that bow. They are pics that Dan sent me. I forgot that I had them.
            Chris Kiefner

Comment

Here ya go:

Click image for larger version

Name:	bow1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	23828977

Name:	bow2.jpg
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	23828978

Name:	bow3.jpg
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	23828979

Comment

Thank you for posting the pics for me. All four sides of the limbs have that red hue to it. I really like this bow. I have it next to 58" and it looks small.
                Chris Kiefner

Comment

Congratulations !!! It is very pretty !!! I like the natural non-glare type of finish.
                  Wish I had one that looked like that.

Comment

WOW That is awesome man that thing is sweet as **** looking... man I got to get me one of them bad boys.
                    Congrats on the new ride in joy

Comment

reminds me of the old Bear Kodiak

Comment

It would look more like a bear Kodiak if the limbs were had more width to them. The limbs on this is actually slimmer on this recurve than the last one I had of Dan's. This one is the prettiest though. I still like my longbow he made that I have. It is posted on another site that I do not visit to often. A guy named indianalongbowshooter posted them for me. This bow isn't to much larger than my compound and the string just touches my hat at full draw. I have some pics on my phone with it at full draw. I will send them out when I am at work tomorrow if I have time. My cell phone roams to much at home so I have to go to work to get it to function better. I got better reception in Laredo,Tx. than I do in Rockville,In makes no sense to me.
                        Chris Kiefner

Comment

Thanks for the kind words about the bow also. I would call Dan and have him make you one. He has made some that are by far better looking than this one. And you really do not have to pay any extra for exotic woods. He carries a large inventory of exotic wood. His turn around time is not that long of a wait either. I guess that is why he only takes time in Sept. off. When ever I call him, he is working in the shop. His website is montanabows.com or you can email Dan at dan@montanabows.com
                          Thanks again for the kind words.
                          Chris Kiefner

Comment

Good looking bow Chris,If that thing dont pinch my fingers at my draw length.I might steal that.I mean order one myself,when you come down next year.

Comment

Maybe I can send it to you in a while, but it will be a little while though.
                              Chris Kiefner

Comment

Working...
                              X