No announcement yet.

Simple winch up feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always heard this is a good practice for feeders in east tx. I have the beginnings of a setup like this but just haven’t finished it yet.

Do the deer come to the feeder on a regular basis?

Comment

Originally posted by limbratgod333 View Post
      How did you attach it to the tree?
      I know the timber companies frown on nailing or lag bolts in trees due to they are murder on saws.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
        I know the timber companies frown on nailing or lag bolts in trees due to they are murder on saws.
        Ratchet straps only. I loosen at the end of each season, and I only use creek bottoms that they never cut.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
          I have always heard this is a good practice for feeders in east tx. I have the beginnings of a setup like this but just haven’t finished it yet.

Do the deer come to the feeder on a regular basis?
          Yes, I have several resident deer that frequent the feeder quite often.

Comment

Sweet..

Comment

Originally posted by limbratgod333 View Post
              How did you attach it to the tree?
              Two ratchet straps on each bracket. On the bottom bracket I had to add an eye bolt to the bottom of the bracket to pull it down tight to the tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                East Texas we build em higher and higher. West and south, lower and lower. Lol

I like the idea and think it would work great. My deer, (buck, does, fawns. Young or old) don’t frequent traditional feeders. And stand and fill are nice but block shot opportunities.

How much cable you got on that rig to get it to the ground? That will cost as much or more than the rest I’d imagine
                The winch has 10ft of strap and I added about 30 ft of cable. It wasn’t expensive. You can also place an trailer house style anchor with a short piece of cable with a hook below the winch. So you can remove the winch once you get the feeder back up. Makes the feeder look even less invasive and you can use one winch for multiple feeders.
                Last edited by E-Tex; 11-22-2019, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Cool thanks, going to build some of these

Comment

Great idea!

Ballgame - that looks like a giant hornets nest!

Comment

i like it

Comment

have the raccoons figured out how to get to it yet.........only a matter of time ya know.

Comment

I have been thinking about doing this for a while and just got a small welder for the shop a couple weeks ago. Seeing this has renewed my interest!

Comment

Looks like a great set up.
                            I've been thinking of something like this, for my place.

Comment

Great idea! Up high makes it less noticeable.

Comment

Been running this setup for 10 years. 650lbs
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X