Best new bow for 2018?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best new bow for 2018?

I have a 2015 Hoyt killed a couple of deer with it, then put it up.

The place I plan to hunt this year has all the feeders set well away from the timber and I’m thinking I may end up with a lot more opportunities at 30 yards.

I’m torn between a Mathews TRX 38 and the Hoyt Redwrx ultra.
    We don’t really have any archery shops within 100 miles of me so It is not likely I will have a chance to shoot both side by side. More likely have to have a local shop order one for me.

Looking for reviews

Thanks Buff

Are you open to other brands?

Comment

Any Mathews, hands down.

Comment

That new Hoyt is an amazing bow. The turbo is hard to come by just yet but I’ve seen the ultras hanging in bow shops.

Comment

If you are looking for a longer ATA bow to use for hunting, I would go with a Halon X before the TRX 38. It is a lot easier to hold back at full draw with the 85% mods.

Please ignore my post if you intended to post "Triax" instead of "TRX 38".

Comment

Keep the 15 Hoyt! I assume it’s something with the z5 cam, which are extremely popular! No way do I think the newest bows are any better than the 15 model Hoyt’s.

That said, if you’re set on a new bow I’d be looking at the new elite ritual, bow tech realm X, or pse evolve 35

Comment

Do not buy a bow until you shoot a prime, you'll thank me later.

Comment

Marty,
                When I made the transition from a stick bow back to wheelie bow, I never could get used to the small grip on the Hoyt's... The Mathews bows just fit me better, so that's why I settled there. I'm no fan-boy of any of 'em, but after shootin' that Widder for so long, it's likely that Mathews will feel better in your hands. Heck, con CastandBlast up for another hunt and try his out! I'd let you use mine, but it's back'erd's for ya...

Comment

Between those for me it would be a redworks ultra. Otherwise I would check out an Xpedition Denali. We sell those at the store and I’m just finishing getting mine tuned in and love it so far.

Comment

Halon 32 is as good a bow as I have shot. I am sure any of them will work but I am confident out to 65-70 on an elk sized animal and 40 on a whitetail with no issues. Many people are better shots then I am but it obviously makes a big difference if you have confidence in your equipment. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the input , it is sort of hard for a fellow that has not messed with them much to pick out the “best” as they all seem pretty good.
                      I’m open to anything but blow tech

Comment

I vote PSE. Carbon air, evolve cams are very smooth. I like the Halon, triax and Hoyt red WRX. Have shot them all. You can’t go wrong with any bow nowadays

Comment

Look at a Halon 32 Buff

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
                            If you are looking for a longer ATA bow to use for hunting, I would go with a Halon X before the TRX 38. It is a lot easier to hold back at full draw with the 85% mods.

Please ignore my post if you intended to post "Triax" instead of "TRX 38".
                            No looking at their web site, the TRX 38 is their best target bow.
                            I want a long ata bow

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                              No looking at their web site, the TRX 38 is their best target bow.

I want a long ata bow

In that case if you get the TRX 38, get the 80% let-off. I had a Halon X and currently have two 38’s. The 70v mods don’t give you much valley if you should relax a little while at full draw in a hunting situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X