Spider!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider!

This spider decided to build a huge web in my backyard tonight. Any idea what kind of spider or if it's poisonous? Doesn't look friendly!!!

Cotton wood, I think!

Comment

Not poisonous , good spider. We called them garden spiders.

Comment

Poke it with a stick. They will really get the web to shaking.

Comment

Throw a grasshopper or some sort of bug into the web and watch how fast it subdues it wraps it up.

Comment

[ATTACH]636656[/ATTACH]

Comment

Not sure what kind but I bet he will bite..

Comment

Golden orb weaver. Throw a tiny chunk of meat in the web and it will wrap it up in about 2 seconds!

Comment

Garden spider

Comment

Originally posted by Rustyford View Post
                    Golden orb weaver. Throw a tiny chunk of meat in the web and it will wrap it up in about 2 seconds!
                    That's what it is, very cool spiders.

They have knack for building webs about face high and right in the path to my blind. Really cool to run into them in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                      That's what it is, very cool spiders.

They have knack for building webs about face high and right in the path to my blind. Really cool to run into them in the dark.

Yep, and they keep me spazing for good while after I run into them. Heck I'm freaking out just looking at the picture.

Comment

Thanks - he did get the web rocking! Very cool!

Comment

We always called them banana spiders. All spiders are venomous . That's how they kill their food.

Comment

Haha. My wife just sent me this picture freaking out. Said she locked the door behind her on the way inside. Not sure yet how the spider was gonna open the unlocked door.

Comment

Garden spider, banana spider, zipper spider.....and as stated above very interesting to throw grasshoppers in the web and watch them wrap up. If you do this enough there will be a pile of discarded grasshopper parts under the web

Comment

Working...
                              X