Heavy sonora 8pt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
    when you bow hunt down there do you use ground blinds? I just got a lease down there and could not find a tree to hang a stand in so we put up some ground blinds.

Comment

Originally posted by broterry View Post
      when you bow hunt down there do you use ground blinds? I just got a lease down there and could not find a tree to hang a stand in so we put up some ground blinds.
      All of ous bowhunters on the lease use tent blinds. We build platforms and stick them up in the scrub oaks with the tents on them. It works well.

Comment

great idea! I have been hunting out of my pop up on the ground...lots of deer out that way...just no trees! Nice buck.

Comment

how high and with what ? do you have a pic?

Comment

Congrats on the nice deer.

Comment

Brian G, is correct. I my self had a Home made ground blind. It was an old 6ft legs of a box blind wraped in camo tarp with some holes cut out, and a tin roof on the top part of it.
              (It was one of my fav blind). I also had a 5ft box blind with a cut out hole that I used to bow hunt out of. we are futunate enough to have oak trees on the property and set some tripods right by it. I always use what I call a blind hunter (dummies) like trash bag tied on the tree nor on the tripod all year round. these methods gives me an advantage on the deer as far as movement and making noise is concern, specialy hunting on the tripod.
              hope these helps.

Comment

Congrats on a fine buck.

Bisch

Comment

Congrats on the nice deer.

Comment

Originally posted by broterry View Post
                    how high and with what ? do you have a pic?
                    Usually 6 - 8 ft depending on the trees your putting it in. I'll get a picture this week. I'm hunting all week but I'm tagged out. Shot the heavy 8 and also shot the ten point in my avatar in Oct. So plenty of time for videos and pictures.

Comment

Working...
                    X