X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeep toy build

The we brought it home

The next day

We are on a time crunch because this ride is going back to Tennessee next week but here are the plans:
    - bumpers front and rear with 2" receiver. The winch will be stowed in the bed of the jeep, it will be mounted on a plate with a 2" receiver for optional use on the front or rear.
    - simple roll bar behind back seat. We will branch off the roll bar with a "fastback" look. Then an X-brace with spare tire holder with more of a baja look.
    Before pics

This not my jeep and I have been given a budget and a time limit so constructive criticism is welcome but keep in mind there are things that I would do different with more time and money. We're gonna do our best with what we've been given!

That thing is sweet!

Comment

Front and rear budget bumpers done

Comment

Nice!! Looks mean!

Comment

u work quickly!

Comment

Looks good

Comment

looks great. i like how aesthetic the front bumper is to the vehicle. makes a big difference in the overall look of the rig.

great job with it so far!

Comment

Another great project. Thanks for posting it up. How are y'all dealing with the unibody flex after cutting out the rear roof?

Comment

looks awesome so far

Comment

Originally posted by Ride_Klein View Post
                    How are y'all dealing with the unibody flex after cutting out the rear roof?
                    +1
                    Full cage to be bolted through the body?

Comment

We're actually not doing a full cage on this one. The roll bar will be even with the C post and go just under the roof. When you cut the back off these jeeps there is a roof support on the disgaurded section that we cut off and move forward. This jeep will never see anything other than rinky dink trails so the owner is not to worried about rolling it over.

Comment

Now I'm being told my bender won't be in until next week so we're not even sure this project will make completion before he has to go back home

Comment

Thanks for the response. Project looks good. I ask the question because my talent tank runs dry pretty often while driving on even the rinky dinkiest of dirt roads. Dreams of baja I suppose.

Comment

I want one!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ride_Klein View Post
                              Thanks for the response. Project looks good. I ask the question because my talent tank runs dry pretty often while driving on even the rinky dinkiest of dirt roads. Dreams of baja I suppose.
                              I hear ya buddy, when I build my personal one it will need a full cage and 5 point harnesses lol!

Comment

Working...
                              X