Pulled the trigger!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled the trigger!

Well, after seeing all the great photos on here, I was reminded of how much I really enjoyed photography back in my younger (30yrs ago) days. I use to carry a camera (A1 Canon SLR) everywhere I went. I even had photos published in a small local newspaper a time or two.
    You guys and gals are having so much fun and taking so many great pics, that I decided to get back in the game. After research on here and online, I went to Best Buy to look at the D60 Nikon and the Canon competition, a few cameras I was considering. I ended doing more than just shopping and ended up bringing a new Cannon EOS D40 and EF28-135 IS USM lens kit home.
    I already love this thing after playing with it in the back yard for a while. It will do way more than I can for now. I'll post some of the pictures I took while I was reading the handy pocket guide.

Here she is...sorta.

Last edited by Snapper; 10-20-2008, 07:37 AM.

You did well!!! Can't wait to see what you can capture with it!

Comment

Great choice!

Comment

Cool! Can I borrow it this weekend?

Comment

That is a really good one!

Live view -- makes me a tiny bit jealous --

I also don't want to hear about how you can shoot at 3200 ISO with no noise....

Comment

Actually, I heard the Canon shot at 3200 cleaner than the Nikon. Now that is just rumor until we can get Snap to post up some high ISO shots

Comment

Welcome to the club!

Comment

VERY nice. Congratulations! I'm sure you will love it, and I'm looking forward to seeing your work!
                Lesto!!

Comment

Excellent choice and congratulations!!! Can't wait to see the pixels.

Do you still have your old A1? I'm sitting on one with 3 decent lenses that stop down to 2.8 (300mm, 70-200 macro and a 20-80mm macro). I'm getting it all dialed in for a few film shots and walks down memory lane.

Comment

Congratulations! I can't wait for my D-300 to come in either. Come on Thursday!

Comment

Congratulations on the new equipment.

Comment

Go Man Go!

Comment

Very nice been looking at that one myself

Comment

Thanks yall. I really like this camera. Yeah Rob, I still have my A1. Hard to believe it's that old and still works as well as it has.
                            I had to return my new 40D because it wouldn't format the memory card and 2 of the other functions didn't work. I got a new replacement and actually took some pics this afternoon. Now if I can only figure out how to resize them in order to post them here.

Comment

Working...
                            X